The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

Its Shane Friggin Doan! I laugh at those who compare his value to Justin Schultz as a free agent. This is Captain Canada we are talking about here.

The things that Doan brings to the table and the team can't even be put into words. The impact of watching a guy like this play on your team on players like Booth? Kassian? the young bucks like Gaunce and Jensen???

3years @ 6 Million Per. Twins and Kesler will be fine with that signing.

From what I'm hearing on the radio here in Phx, Doan wants 4-5 years @ 6m per..... But who knows... That's just what the guy on the radio was talking. He was also saying SJ is huge on him and would like to pair him w/ Marleau and Thornton...

But who knows...

Doan at 2 yrs 8m is a fair offer, he brings leadership, grit, size, and another weapon on the PP (he's got a bomb on the point).

With Raymond re-signing, I dont see a spot for him in our top 9, unless there is a trade.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - - Hansen

Unless MG is going to pull another "Marco Sturm" sign and trade Raymond, I cant find a fit for Doan. I would LOVE to have him though.

I like the way he plays, very old fashioned 'you hit our star players I get you back' type player. I remember when Doughty or Richards hit Ekman-Larsson, the very next shift he lays out a Kings player.

lol I cheer for them second as well.

With Pronger in the line-up their defence >

And their offence is 100x better.

IMO Bryz just had a bad year, he'll be better. We still have the edge with Schneider but not enough to discount their obvious advantage when it comes to the 18 skaters.

EDIT: Bryz wasn't terrible in round 2 vs. NJD.

Doan at 2 yrs 8m is a fair offer, he brings leadership, grit, size, and another weapon on the PP (he's got a bomb on the point).

With Raymond re-signing, I dont see a spot for him in our top 9, unless there is a trade.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - - Hansen

Unless MG is going to pull another "Marco Sturm" sign and trade Raymond, I cant find a fit for Doan. I would LOVE to have him though.

I like the way he plays, very old fashioned 'you hit our star players I get you back' type player. I remember when Doughty or Richards hit Ekman-Larsson, the very next shift he lays out a Kings player.

That was just one of his very few mistakes, and he still said that Minny had heavy interest from the start and Parise had Minny among the top of his list. Funny how nobody even considers the numerous times he had things right days/weeks before TSN.

This from a local writer who covers the Coyotes - Glendale political beat... There's a press conference going on right now w/ the two guys running the petition drive... Doesn't seem like they have the signatures, but they say they have more time, while others say they don't. Just positing the tweets..

weets

bncwsytl5nzzlkd4oc6w_normal.jpeg

Here's a sign
has posted on their side of the sidewalk.

Reporters now huddling around pro-
side of the library sidewalk.

presser continues because reporters continue to arrive. Jones is repeating his comments to those who arrive.

presser: Jones says he expects to turn in at least the required number of signatures if they get until July 16.

presser: Jones says city will think won but haven't. "I'll laugh a little bit and then I'll go out and get more signatures."

presser: "We don't plan to give up just because they tell us we've only got three weeks," Jones said.

presser: Jones says he is supposed to get 30 days to gather signatures. Not three weeks.

presser: Jones says his group hasn't talked to Goldwater much recently. Says they provided advice at the beginning.

presser: Jones says he wants the people to vote on the hockey deal.

presser: "We don't want to turn in signatures on the day we don't think they need to be turned in," Jones said.

presser: Jones says his group plans to challenge if the city won't take signatures on July 16.

presser: Jones says
attorney says if we don't turn in signatures today we won't get to turn them in.

presser: Jones says group needs more than the required number of signatures. Won't say how many signatures they have.

Archived