Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pasific Coluseum

If We Acquire Shane Doan Does He Become Our New Captain?

213 posts in this topic

Henrik is a great player its just he doesn't have the 'it' factor to be a Captain. By giving the Captaincy to Shane Doan it might benefit the team because it would put less pressure on Henrik. This means he could focus on scoring. Everyone knows Henrik isn't the most vocal leader. Shane Doan is Canadian and I kind of compare him to Trevor Linden. A player who was born to lead a team.

If we get Doan I want him to become our new Captain. And its not like the organization hasn't changed captains before i.e Luongo

Who do you think you are, Henrik is my hero, the "C" is staying with him no matter what. And there is no way we'd give the "C" to a UFA, or a player aquired through trade. Think before you post.

lol.... really!

how about no....

how about no shane doan....

rather save the $$$ for Weber just so we have enough to make a decent proposal for him.

Doan does not need the "C" to display his leadership, he can still be a leader............duhhhh.

Sometimes it's just trolls and I know we shouldn't feed them but

sometimes the stupidity is beyond all belief.

no one walks into a room and just becomes the captain / assistant captain

20120709_suter-parise_33.jpg

edit..

You guys are getting worked up over a freakin' letter on a sweater.

If Shane Doan, Henrik Sedin, or anyone in the Canucks locker room can't handle watching someone else wear the "C", they should just quit professional hockey. They won't cause they aren't babies like some of you.

If we acquired Crosby by some miracle this off season, he wouldn't even be made captain by default like that. Not necessarily because he wouldn't be the better captain but because it just doesn't work like that. Henrik's paid his dues and earned the "C" on his sweater.

Even if we acquired Weber, he wouldn't become our captain for at least a couple of seasons...

has anyone else noticed the trend of stupid threads on the CDC today?

Well for starters, we would need to sign Doan first before we could even consider giving him a letter. And secondly, forget it! Henrik is our captain.

What is wrong with people on this board? Let's not forget that the Canucks won 2 presidents trophies and a SCF with Hank as captain. Hank has won a hart trophy and a Ted Lindsay trophy...What has Doan done?

I can't believe it's even a question. :picard: