The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If We Acquire Shane Doan Does He Become Our New Captain?

Pasific Coluseum

Imagine all the controversy surrounding the Sedins on how they can't lead the Canucks to the Cup and that Doan (a non-European/Canadian) player/Captain is required for the Canucks to go all the way; the Sedins' hearts would just drop dead, I think...

leave Hank as captain.

NO. WAY. the captain of this team is HENRIK SEDIN. respected. hard-working. franchise player. has integrity. honest. leader. humble. genuine. unselfish. loves the community. loyal. he will be the captain until he retires.

I think I've seen another thread like this. But to answer your question NO! Your idea is beyond stupid. We've done this before(linden, Messier) It would be absolutely stupid to strip the C off Henrik. He is a lifetime Canuck, been through all the highs n lows with this team, Doan would be the new guy, he wouldn't deserve the mantle. If you say Henrik doesn't have the so called "it" factor n Doan does, then howcome Henrik has more career playoff success then Doan?

Doan's always played in a losing environment, the guy's only been to the 3rd ONCE! And had only won 2 career playoff rounds!

Henrik is a great player its just he doesn't have the 'it' factor to be a Captain. By giving the Captaincy to Shane Doan it might benefit the team because it would put less pressure on Henrik. This means he could focus on scoring. Everyone knows Henrik isn't the most vocal leader. Shane Doan is Canadian and I kind of compare him to Trevor Linden. A player who was born to lead a team.

If we get Doan I want him to become our new Captain. And its not like the organization hasn't changed captains before i.e Luongo

NO, we already have a captain. Unless he decides to give it up of his own volition without any pressure from outside sources, Henrik should, and will, remain captain of this team.

This happened once before, remember? Big shot player comes to the Canucks, the C is basically ripped from the current captain.......yeah, that worked out real well.

Archived