The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If We Acquire Shane Doan Does He Become Our New Captain?

Pasific Coluseum

Man, what a retarded response to a perfectly good question that the OP made! This retarded response is the perfect example of why the minus button should NEVER be brought back! The vast majority of members here are group think morons, virtual bully morons, and if any of you 69 people were to take an IQ test, I gaurentee that ALL of you who plussed this guy would fall well below the average!

Doan if he signs here for say 4 years should be considered for captaincy, next year, not this.

I really hope this signing does not take place. SD is what he is but is there really a slot for him here. As to the C that is taken and should not be moved HS has done very well and will continue for years too come. I think SD wants to returns to the Yotes if the team and rink leases and such go the right direction. He is dedicated to that club. The ice clouds up if he goes anywhere else.

:canucks: NUFF SAID :canucks:

Doan wouldn't want the C.

It disrupts chemistry to change captains, especially to give it to a new guy. If Henrik decided he didn't want to be Captain any more, then fine, but I don't think that is the case at all.

Messier was an egomaniac, which is why he accepted (demanded?) the C when he came here. Doan has too much class for that. He would be a leader whether he has a letter on his chest or not.

Man, what a retarded response to a perfectly good question that the OP made! This retarded response is the perfect example of why the minus button should NEVER be brought back! The vast majority of members here are group think morons, virtual bully morons, and if any of you 69 people were to take an IQ test, I gaurentee that ALL of you who plussed this guy would fall well below the average!

Doan if he signs here for say 4 years should be considered for captaincy, next year, not this.

Henrik is a great player its just he doesn't have the 'it' factor to be a Captain. By giving the Captaincy to Shane Doan it might benefit the team because it would put less pressure on Henrik. This means he could focus on scoring. Everyone knows Henrik isn't the most vocal leader. Shane Doan is Canadian and I kind of compare him to Trevor Linden. A player who was born to lead a team.

If we get Doan I want him to become our new Captain. And its not like the organization hasn't changed captains before i.e Luongo

If we do manage to sign Doan I say why not? He's a good Canadain kid and definitely has great leadership skills. It'll take the media focus off of Sedin letting him just concentrate on his game.

I've said it from the get go that Sedin just isn't vocal or emotional enough to carry the C and get the team going when neccesary.

All you had to do was see the way Doan stared Brown down after Doan outmuscled him to know who should be captain of the Canucks. Doan wants the CUP and will do what it takes to get it. Take the pressure off the Twins. Hank should offer the 'C' to Doan.

The biggest benefit signing this guy will be his prepping of Kesler to take over the 'C' when he hangs them up.

Believe it or not Trevor Linden himself handed the C down to Messier, because of the career Messier already had which was pretty impressive. Although Trevor should of known better for what Messier did to him in the 94 playoffs, but unfortunately this is the type of guy Trevor Linden was, if he felt someone older deserved the C he would hand it down to them, this one was just his biggest mistake and even Trevor has admitted to that.

Believe it or not Trevor Linden himself handed the C down to Messier, because of the career Messier already had which was pretty impressive. Although Trevor should of known better for what Messier did to him in the 94 playoffs, but unfortunately this is the type of guy Trevor Linden was, if he felt someone older deserved the C he would hand it down to them, this one was just his biggest mistake and even Trevor has admitted to that.

Archived