The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ICBC hit and run

thatguy17

I was at guildford library today for drop in basketball. Long story short, I got home and I found a huge dent on my right rear bumper of my ford free star. What steps should I take? I was planning on reporting it to ICBC tomorrow. Will the police be involved? I don't think there were any witnesses and if there were they are long gone by now. If anybody knows the process and what will happen next your advice is appreciated

Guest AriGold

Report it as a hit and run to ICBC. You will pay the deductable. They will investigate you to see if you were drunk and dented the car yourself. They might get intrusive but if you are telling the truth then you will be just fine.

If I were you I'd go to the scene and try and track down as much evidence, including footage, as you can. If ICBC decides you are at fault, they may not make as big of an effort to obtain footage as you would. Also, by the time ICBC gets around to looking for footage, it may be destroyed already.

Also, how much damage was done to your bumper? It may be cheaper to repair the car yourself than pay the deductible, which is usually $300 (unless you've paid for an alternative insurance plan).

This will backfrie on you , ICBC won't really give two sh*ts about a small bump or they will put you at blame for a false report. Hopefully, you'll be lucky and get a that bumper fixed :)

* if you drive a beater don't waste your time but if you don't then you have a chance at getting that grand

* Assuming a beater (no car alarm?)

This will backfrie on you , ICBC won't really give two sh*ts about a small bump or they will put you at blame for a false report. Hopefully, you'll be lucky and get a that bumper fixed :)

* if you drive a beater don't waste your time but if you don't then you have a chance at getting that grand

Archived