The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nash doesn't want to go to Canada

Pretty sure I remember reading the Canucks were on his shortlist at the deadline, I think? I don't think it's necessarily he doesn't want to play in Canada, it's just the teams he would accept a trade to happen to be in the U.S. Don't know why Van wouldn't be on his list now if they were a few months ago, perhaps they never showed interest so no reason to add them to a list now?

compared to what...Kovalchuck, Crosby, parise, suter, ovechkin, price, rinne ??? 7.8 for six of his prime years is not a bad deal....we will never get a player of that caliber for such a short term...ever.

funny that many people are saying the same... but lets forget contracts for a minute...

sedin sedin nash

how can any canucks fan NOT want a legit, goal scoring, top line power forward? seriously... and to top it off, hes CANADIAN - and not only canadian, he has the talent to be a shoe-in for team canada who has ridiculously stacked offence. we want to get bigger? we want to get tougher? we want the sedins back to 100 points? face it - we want nash.

anyhow just my 2 cents.. its not the end of the world if he signs elsewhere, i just find it silly that so many canuck fans are like "nash? no thanks i dont like his contract" ... well it must be the contract because there isnt really much not to like about rick nash..

and since i've stayed away from nash threads i'll make this point here...

iginla - 7 million cap hit

malkin - 8.7 million cap

thornton - 7 million

eric staal - 8.25 million

HMMM looks to me like if you want to keep an all-star power forward you have to shell out some moneys.

I work in Pennsylvaina, I am completely immersed. The hockey awareness is basically non existent. It's like major league lacrosse, lots of die hard fans but not a part of the culture.

Nash is totally defined by the sport and a Canadian national yet he elects to only play in the USA?

What a greasy, greedy, coward.

Grow some

Archived