Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Report) Might found out as early as today whether Doan stays in Phoenix or goes

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports
Shane Doan's agent Terry Bross tells CKWX that Doan will talk with prospective buyer Greg Jamison this morning.

Bross says after the chat Doan has with Jamison - he will know what direction they wil go in. Stay in PHOE or goodbye.

Doan certainly giving the Coyotes every chance to stay in the hunt.

#2 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

POPULAR

Heres to hoping Jameson shows up late, still drunk from the night before with an untucked shirt and a rather foul stench to him.

Posted Image
Formerly Hockeyfans101/Lapierre's Gawk

Thank you for the badass sig, Insom-

#3 Joffrey Lupul

Joffrey Lupul

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

Dat Loyalty...

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 10 July 2012 - 02:39 PM.

2zi66q8.jpgnv20o20imarksmanx_zpsb4f8b662.jpg?55

small.pngGM - STHS Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck.

#4 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Summer house in Kelowna, owns the Kamloops Blazers. Wife stays in Kelowna until the kids school starts.

If he doesn't go to Phoenix I think he will sign here.

Edited by AriGold, 10 July 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#5 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Summer house in Kelowna, owns the Kelowna Rockets. Wife stays in Kelowna until the kids school starts.

See, I personally don't buy that argument. Think of it, how much time do you think players REALLY have during the season to be able to go all the way up to Kelowna enough for it to be the deciding factor between taking 5 mill somewhere else and taking 3 mill here? Sure, the cup contention thing is definately a big factor too, but it's not like the wife lives in Coquitlam or Surrey where he can easily get there in 20-30 minutes after a game or on a day off. Kelowna is still a heck of a trip, might even take less time to fly from Phoenix to Kelowna than drive from Vancouver to Kelowna

Posted Image

#6 mygame

mygame

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

I don't think he owns the Rockets in Kelowna ,It's part owner in the Kamloops Blazers,and his wife's family is in Kamloops.

#7 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Heres to hoping Jameson shows up late, still drunk from the night before with an untucked shirt and a rather foul stench to him.

Haha come on bro. We both know people from Arizona are too poor to afford alcohol or go clubbing.

#8 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

he is definitely one of those players you gotta respect, whether he signs here or not he is giving phoenix every chance possible. They don't know what they have in him.
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#9 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Summer house in Kelowna, owns the Kelowna Rockets. Wife stays in Kelowna until the kids school starts.

He is a co-owner of the Kamloops Blazers. Not the Kelowna Rockets. And his wife is from Kamloops, not Kelowna. Your info is wrong but I hope he signs here too!

#10 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

See, I personally don't buy that argument. Think of it, how much time do you think players REALLY have during the season to be able to go all the way up to Kelowna enough for it to be the deciding factor between taking 5 mill somewhere else and taking 3 mill here? Sure, the cup contention thing is definately a big factor too, but it's not like the wife lives in Coquitlam or Surrey where he can easily get there in 20-30 minutes after a game or on a day off. Kelowna is still a heck of a trip, might even take less time to fly from Phoenix to Kelowna than drive from Vancouver to Kelowna

You do realize he can easily take a 20-30 plane ride right? I'm sure he has the money for it. I do agree though that those Kelowna/Kamloops (wherever it is) reasons will not be the huge deciding factor if he comes here or not. I believe Gillis will create a way to sign Doan for at least 4 million. I think he was looking for a top 6 included in a Luongo trade but now he can just get good pieces to our bottom 6 and future. After that then he will have enough money to get Doan.

If Doan does indeed sign here the location will be a factor, but not a huge factor, it'll be mainly because this location has potential to win a cup.

Edited by nd84, 10 July 2012 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Haha come on bro. We both know people from Arizona are too poor to afford alcohol or go clubbing.

Maybe they just do shrooms in their own version of the Joshua Tree?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Believe it or not...they have flights from Van to Kelowna!!!

#13 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Believe it or not...they have flights from Van to Kelowna!!!

Sure, but even then?

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it if it was a big factor for him, but in an NHL season where teams play every 2 nights, sometimes even 3 times in 4 nights, and have long extended trips on the road, practices almost every day and team meetings etc how many times a year, realistically, will he be able to actually fly up to Kelowna?

Posted Image

#14 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

He is a co-owner of the Kamloops Blazers. Not the Kelowna Rockets. And his wife is from Kamloops, not Kelowna. Your info is wrong but I hope he signs here too!

Yeah was thinking one thing and typing another, Fixed.

#15 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Okay people just to get one thing straight... his wife is from Kamloops, not Kelowna. And he's part owner of the Kamloops Blazers NOT the Kelowna Rockets.

Sure, but even then?

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it if it was a big factor for him, but in an NHL season where teams play every 2 nights, sometimes even 3 times in 4 nights, and have long extended trips on the road, practices almost every day and team meetings etc how many times a year, realistically, will he be able to actually fly up to Kelowna?

He wouldn't live in *Kamloops* during the season. He would live in Vancouver during the season and then Kamloops during the off season.

Edited by Nas19, 10 July 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#16 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Who is this Might?

#17 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Okay people just to get one thing straight... he lives in Kamloops in the off season, not Kelowna. And he's part owner of the Kamloops Blazers NOT the Kelowna Rockets.

He wouldn't live in *Kamloops* during the season. He would live in Vancouver during the season and then Kamloops during the off season.

I'm not saying he would live in Kamloops. I'm saying what's the difference between him playing for Pittsburgh and living in Kamloops in the offseason and playing in Vancouver and then living in Kamloops in the offseason? Absolutely nothing. During the season, no matter where he plays, Kamloops is out of the way.

Edited by Hank Moody, 10 July 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image

#18 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,414 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Y'know... There is the possibility that Phx doesn't want to keep Doan. He's 35+. He'll want a 4yr, 4.5mil per deal. And while there are teams that would love to pay that, is Phx one of them?

I guess we'll see.

But if he leaves, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Coyotes are too.
Posted Image

#19 jimmyking8888

jimmyking8888

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Let the bidding war begin, my bet is on Detroit, cuz they still have 16 Million in cap space . Canucks only have 3 mil. They can't add any players before getting rid of Luongo.

#20 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'm not saying he would live in Kamloops. I'm saying what's the difference between him playing for Pittsburgh and living in Kamloops in the offseason and playing in Vancouver and then living in Kamloops in the offseason? Absolutely nothing. During the season, no matter where he plays, Kamloops is out of the way.

Well I'm assuming that IF he did come to Vancouver it would be for the same reason both Hamhuis and Garrison chose to play for the Nucks. They both don't live in Vancouver during the off season, yet they wanted to come here to be closer to home.

Edited by Nas19, 10 July 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#21 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Kesler will start the season on LTIR. We have more than 3mil cap space even if Luongo stays for now.

#22 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,414 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Btw if Doan leaves Phx, he'll likely want to sign as close to Phx as possible.

That's not Vancouver, folks. More like Anaheim, LA, Colorado, San Jose, or Dallas. 'Family first', right? Why would he want to cross the border if he didn't have to?

Yes, his agent said Doan would like to sign in Vancouver. He also said Doan would like so sign in every town who's media called him.
Posted Image

#23 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,494 posts

Well I'm assuming that IF he did come to Vancouver it would be the same reason both Hamhuis and Garrison chose to play for the Nucks. They both don't live in Vancouver yet they still wanted to come back to BC.

That point I buy. It's the whole "wife lives in Kamloops" thing that I don't

Posted Image

#24 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Y'know... There is the possibility that Phx doesn't want to keep Doan. He's 35+. He'll want a 4yr, 4.5mil per deal. And while there are teams that would love to pay that, is Phx one of them?

I guess we'll see.

But if he leaves, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Coyotes are too.

4 years?

Kind of a lot. I'd expect 2 or 3, easy. I figure he might want to have the option of retiring at 39 without sandbagging his team, though.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#25 jimmyking8888

jimmyking8888

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Kesler will start the season on LTIR. We have more than 3mil cap space even if Luongo stays for now.

problem is, next year we will have to sign Burrows and might have to go after Weber. I'd say we save the money and go after a better player next year.

#26 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Maybe they just do shrooms in their own version of the Joshua Tree?

Posted Image

Peyote.
Posted Image

#27 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Btw if Doan leaves Phx, he'll likely want to sign as close to Phx as possible.

That's not Vancouver, folks. More like Anaheim, LA, Colorado, San Jose, or Dallas. 'Family first', right? Why would he want to cross the border if he didn't have to?

Yes, his agent said Doan would like to sign in Vancouver. He also said Doan would like so sign in every town who's media called him.

Well seeing as he's their captain, and one of the top point (maybe the top) point scorer in the playoffs, I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, they want him back.

#28 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,414 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Maybe Booth is recruiting Doan through their buddy, God.
Posted Image

#29 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Doan is 100% class.
The more and more this saga drags on, the more and more I like him, and the more and more I want him on my team.
Posted Image

#30 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,851 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Let the bidding war begin, my bet is on Detroit, cuz they still have 16 Million in cap space . Canucks only have 3 mil. They can't add any players before getting rid of Luongo.

We can spend up to $77m in the summer. So we have $10m to work with.

Edited by playboi19, 10 July 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.