The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Might found out as early as today whether Doan stays in Phoenix or goes

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

Shane Doan's agent Terry Bross tells CKWX that Doan will talk with prospective buyer Greg Jamison this morning.

Bross says after the chat Doan has with Jamison - he will know what direction they wil go in. Stay in PHOE or goodbye.

Doan certainly giving the Coyotes every chance to stay in the hunt.

Guest AriGold

Summer house in Kelowna, owns the Kamloops Blazers. Wife stays in Kelowna until the kids school starts.

If he doesn't go to Phoenix I think he will sign here.

See, I personally don't buy that argument. Think of it, how much time do you think players REALLY have during the season to be able to go all the way up to Kelowna enough for it to be the deciding factor between taking 5 mill somewhere else and taking 3 mill here? Sure, the cup contention thing is definately a big factor too, but it's not like the wife lives in Coquitlam or Surrey where he can easily get there in 20-30 minutes after a game or on a day off. Kelowna is still a heck of a trip, might even take less time to fly from Phoenix to Kelowna than drive from Vancouver to Kelowna

See, I personally don't buy that argument. Think of it, how much time do you think players REALLY have during the season to be able to go all the way up to Kelowna enough for it to be the deciding factor between taking 5 mill somewhere else and taking 3 mill here? Sure, the cup contention thing is definately a big factor too, but it's not like the wife lives in Coquitlam or Surrey where he can easily get there in 20-30 minutes after a game or on a day off. Kelowna is still a heck of a trip, might even take less time to fly from Phoenix to Kelowna than drive from Vancouver to Kelowna

Guest AriGold

He is a co-owner of the Kamloops Blazers. Not the Kelowna Rockets. And his wife is from Kamloops, not Kelowna. Your info is wrong but I hope he signs here too!

Okay people just to get one thing straight... his wife is from Kamloops, not Kelowna. And he's part owner of the Kamloops Blazers NOT the Kelowna Rockets.

Sure, but even then?

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it if it was a big factor for him, but in an NHL season where teams play every 2 nights, sometimes even 3 times in 4 nights, and have long extended trips on the road, practices almost every day and team meetings etc how many times a year, realistically, will he be able to actually fly up to Kelowna?

Okay people just to get one thing straight... he lives in Kamloops in the off season, not Kelowna. And he's part owner of the Kamloops Blazers NOT the Kelowna Rockets.

He wouldn't live in *Kamloops* during the season. He would live in Vancouver during the season and then Kamloops during the off season.

Y'know... There is the possibility that Phx doesn't want to keep Doan. He's 35+. He'll want a 4yr, 4.5mil per deal. And while there are teams that would love to pay that, is Phx one of them?

I guess we'll see.

But if he leaves, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Coyotes are too.

I'm not saying he would live in Kamloops. I'm saying what's the difference between him playing for Pittsburgh and living in Kamloops in the offseason and playing in Vancouver and then living in Kamloops in the offseason? Absolutely nothing. During the season, no matter where he plays, Kamloops is out of the way.

Archived