The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Might found out as early as today whether Doan stays in Phoenix or goes

Um no thanks. 5 million ensure either burrows or elder is gone, it totally handicaps up for 4 years with being able to keep are core. 5 for a player like Doan is to high, especially by year four when he is only putting up 40 points. Rather get a winger via trade. Apparently Lupul for Luongo is the hot rumor right now.

We would need a $3m player in our last spot to reach the upper cap (assuming $70.2). If we reached that we could replace Kesler's entire $5m cap hit by adding another player. As we would have had to sign someone else in order to reach the upper limit, the maximum we could spend on Doan would be the $5m in LTIR relief. Upon Kesler's return, we lose all LTIR relief. We would need to shed $5m in cap space before Kesler is activated, no pro-ration.

Right now, as we have $3m in cap space with a 22 man roster, we would gain $2m in LTIR relief. Thus the maximum we could spend on Doan would be $5m (our remaining space + LTIR relief). Upon Kesler's return, we lose all LTIR relief. We would need to shed $2m in cap space before Kesler is activated, no pro-ration.

The only way we could save up money for later is by operating under the cap. Even with Kesler's cap hit included, and ignoring any LTIR relief we get, we must be under the cap in order to bank money. If we have LTIR space available and aren't using it all, we are only banking LTIR space, which disappears when the player returns to the roster.

Bottom line, we would likely make a trade in order to accommodate Mr. Doan's cap hit.

There are a bunch of NHL players who live in Kelowna / Okanagan area. Just because they live in BC during the summer doesn't mean they will sign with the Canucks, it's just that it's mainly beautiful all summer. Even Elton John has a house there.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

Shane Doan's agent Terry Bross now says July 16th is the new date for the Coyotes to solve their ownership situation.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

Bross "I would say if we don't have an answer by the 16th (of July), it may be time to get serious about listening to other teams' offers."

I dont I think it was dumb for him to play hurt when someone who was more capable to play should have played.Thats not leadership a leader would have not played.Thats ignorance that he played and hurt the team instead of helping.I like kesler dont get me wrong but thats twice he played hurt and hurt the team doing so.

Archived