The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Might found out as early as today whether Doan stays in Phoenix or goes

Btw if Doan leaves Phx, he'll likely want to sign as close to Phx as possible.

That's not Vancouver, folks. More like Anaheim, LA, Colorado, San Jose, or Dallas. 'Family first', right? Why would he want to cross the border if he didn't have to?

Yes, his agent said Doan would like to sign in Vancouver. He also said Doan would like so sign in every town who's media called him.

Y'know... There is the possibility that Phx doesn't want to keep Doan. He's 35+. He'll want a 4yr, 4.5mil per deal. And while there are teams that would love to pay that, is Phx one of them?

I guess we'll see.

But if he leaves, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Coyotes are too.

Btw if Doan leaves Phx, he'll likely want to sign as close to Phx as possible.

That's not Vancouver, folks. More like Anaheim, LA, Colorado, San Jose, or Dallas. 'Family first', right? Why would he want to cross the border if he didn't have to?

Yes, his agent said Doan would like to sign in Vancouver. He also said Doan would like so sign in every town who's media called him.

Sure, but even then?

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it if it was a big factor for him, but in an NHL season where teams play every 2 nights, sometimes even 3 times in 4 nights, and have long extended trips on the road, practices almost every day and team meetings etc how many times a year, realistically, will he be able to actually fly up to Kelowna?

Archived