The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Might found out as early as today whether Doan stays in Phoenix or goes

Btw if Doan leaves Phx, he'll likely want to sign as close to Phx as possible.

That's not Vancouver, folks. More like Anaheim, LA, Colorado, San Jose, or Dallas. 'Family first', right? Why would he want to cross the border if he didn't have to?

Yes, his agent said Doan would like to sign in Vancouver. He also said Doan would like so sign in every town who's media called him.

Why would he want to stay close to phoenix???He said he has no reason to stay there.When players get older they do want to play near place of birth if that team is a contender and we are BTW!Plus a plane takes close to an hour not 20-30 minutes as I have travelled by plane to kelowna many many times.Not to mention the time waiting at the airport and again to get your bag and then drive, if he flies right to kamloops it takes a bit longer.

No, he's stated repeatedly he wants to stay in Phoenix. His kids grew up there, it's home for them, and he'll be going back there after he retires regardless. I think Vancouver is definitely appealing to him, but it's not a slam-dunk. LA and SJ are closer to Phoenix, in LA's case have more cap-space, and have pretty good teams. So we'll just wait and see.

Yes I know he would be a great fit with our team but I really am hoping Phoenix will do something to keep Shane Doan. He is just such a class player and he is dedicated to their team. There isnt many players like that left in the league. I dont know if I am the only one who thinks this but these few loyal players means quite a lot to this league.

I think it was Tyson Nash that was saying today that his family will come with him wherever he goes - he did also say that Vancouver has obvious appeal. So forget the jet. Have Aquilini build him a new mansion of his choice ;)

And if I heard the interview correct - Nash is a close friend and announcer of the Yotes. Just an FYI in case someone thinks that's dumb.

Why would he want to stay close to phoenix???He said he has no reason to stay there.When players get older they do want to play near place of birth if that team is a contender and we are BTW!Plus a plane takes close to an hour not 20-30 minutes as I have travelled by plane to kelowna many many times.Not to mention the time waiting at the airport and again to get your bag and then drive, if he flies right to kamloops it takes a bit longer.

I think it was Tyson Nash that was saying today that his family will come with him wherever he goes - he did also say that Vancouver has obvious appeal. So forget the jet. Have Aquilini build him a new mansion of his choice ;)

And if I heard the interview correct - Nash is a close friend and announcer of the Yotes. Just an FYI in case someone thinks that's dumb.

I dont I think it was dumb for him to play hurt when someone who was more capable to play should have played.Thats not leadership a leader would have not played.Thats ignorance that he played and hurt the team instead of helping.I like kesler dont get me wrong but thats twice he played hurt and hurt the team doing so.

I know and have said that,but the way it goes the coyoties I doubt will saty there so why would Doan stay????Thats what this is all about that he wants to leave cause the team may move and it isnt known yet and he would rather not take a chance of stayig if they decide to leave!Makes sence for so many reason's why he would love to come here.

I know and have said that,but the way it goes the coyoties I doubt will saty there so why would Doan stay????Thats what this is all about that he wants to leave cause the team may move and it isnt known yet and he would rather not take a chance of stayig if they decide to leave!Makes sence for so many reason's why he would love to come here.

Whoever said swedes have no heart and had facts to prove it can go soul searching or whatever. frack does anyone now about heart and soul here? I'm not even swedish, but that's mighty damn offending to anyone, that some mofos here can go saying stuff like that here and claim they have their heart in the right place. Disgusting.

Furthermore, hope we don't sign Doan long-term, 2 years max and no $5-6M per. Otherwise we will have to let someone else go next summer. i.e Burrows or Edler.

Archived