The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IF we signed Doan then where would Raymond fit?

Junkyard Dog

Raymond is usually the 2nd line winger and if we signed Doan then he'd have to be demoted obviously but.. I don't like the idea of having a him on a checking line. Plus if we trade Luongo we could possibly get grittier & bigger guy(s) to fit that role better than Raymond, he probably wouldn't contend with the wingers we already have too, Hansen, Higgins. I know this is a big IF but I would like to hear others opinions still.

There's no way Doan will sign here with the cap space we have left. There's a very high chance that Doan will only be brought to REPLACE a player rather than join the team. I'd put my money on Raymond being the odd one out, though I do feel sympathetic towards him and feel he hasn't been given a fair shot like Kesler has.

I think he would be a temporary 3rd liner, as he can backcheck and forecheck efficiently, so that we can display him for trade bait, and bring in whatever piece we see that we need come either December or the trade deadline. I don't see him still on the team during the playoffs, barring injuries (knock on wood), a major career turn around, or MG just not being able to find a buyer.

Hopefully Raymond can turn his play around well enough to find a suitable home where he can showcase his talents off better in, maybe a team like the Islanders. He needs a team that is thin on depth where he can shine, (but not have too much media pressure in a big market like Vancouver), because he is also defensively responsible enough to take care of himself.

There's no way Doan will sign here with the cap space we have left. There's a very high chance that Doan will only be brought to REPLACE a player rather than join the team. I'd put my money on Raymond being the odd one out, though I do feel sympathetic towards him and feel he hasn't been given a fair shot like Kesler has.

With Raymond you have a player who is fast and skilled. Anyone that follows the Canucks knows how soft of a player he is.

That being said.......

Can't see him cracking the top 6 if we want to bring a cup to Vancouver.

Hansen and Higgins are better wingers to have on the 3rd line.

His softness and lack of physicality make him a waste to have on the 4th line.

If MG keeps him around I will be disappointed!

Raymond is usually the 2nd line winger and if we signed Doan then he'd have to be demoted obviously but.. I don't like the idea of having a him on a checking line. Plus if we trade Luongo we could possibly get grittier & bigger guy(s) to fit that role better than Raymond, he probably wouldn't contend with the wingers we already have too, Hansen, Higgins. I know this is a big IF but I would like to hear others opinions still.

Can't we just get rid of Kassian and keep Ray? Kassian may seem promising to some people (and I'm not saying hes a bust) but Raymond needs and I would say deserves another season to get back to 100% He's givin alot to this Organization and he can be a good energy for the 3rd line

Archived