The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IF we signed Doan then where would Raymond fit?

Junkyard Dog

all of this doan talk is starting to get on my last nerve.. like on team 1040.. ffs Id rather them talk about chess and women's water polo than this pointless bs of "what if" nonsense all day long just filling airtime..

As for Raymond, why do some people still feel like he deserves a shot? hes had one good season.. the rest hes painfully mediocre, too small not tough enough, but most importantly he DOESNT SCORE. people blame his linemates for not passing enough, they blame his injuries.. NONSENCE. he was a mediocre player for most of the time he was here not just in times of "recovery".. how long do we have to keep throwing ice time to this guy.. he's a good guy no question but as far as a hockey player Im t my wits end with him. NO MORE CHANCES..

if av and mg are so willing to give shot after shot to him, why not to shroeder or jensen? oh right, some players are given plenty of opportunites regardless of thei play while others are not in Av's world.. how could I forget.

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Raymond-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Malhotra-Burrows

Hansen-Lappierre-Kassian

If he has amazing training camp. If he doesn't then

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Booth-Kesler-Jensen

Higgins-Malholtra-Burrows

Hansen-Lappierre-Kassian

While Kesler is out we have Ebbett, Schroeder and Gaunce all fighting for that spot. We also have Volpatti, Pinzotto and possibly Weise (depending on the arbitrator ruling)For depth for injuries or to put in when a team needs a little muscle. I hope Canucks walk away from what ever comes about on the Weise ruling. He is useless. Volpatti and Pinzotto and Ebbett is more then enough depth for injuries to inject in the fourth line so other players can move up. Yes Burrows on the third line. That line would be the ultimate checking line with huge potential to put up points.

Just Fantasizing

Sedin Sedin Doan (remember Anson Carter?)

Raymond Kesler/Schroeder Booth

Higgins-Lapierre-Burrows

Weisse-Malholtra-Hansen/Kassian

These lines are passable with Kesler but considering how long Kesler will be out for...he will be as useful as Mason Raymond was to the Canucks this year. It looks like we have a log jam in the wingers department so something there has to give there. We are pretty weak down the middle. Personally...I wish Cody Hodgson would have kept his mouth shut. This minutes could have been his.

Like i said fantasizing

There's no way Doan will sign here with the cap space we have left. There's a very high chance that Doan will only be brought to REPLACE a player rather than join the team. I'd put my money on Raymond being the odd one out, though I do feel sympathetic towards him and feel he hasn't been given a fair shot like Kesler has.

Raymond isnt the only guy who might be over paid and not fit in. Dies manny really fit in 4 th line center? He also makes 2 mil. Both guys are good guys so i hope they can get their games back on track

I hope Raymond can go and play at home in Alberta or on a speed team like the Islanders.

He would do well with the Oilers and we all know the Flames need as much help as they can get and he is a Cochrane boy,if I remember correctly.

Raymond will move between the 2nd and 3rd line - like Higgins. Or 4th line if he plays like he did last year, meaning he will be press-box material eventually.

3rd line is a mess right now, Lapierre with Higgins and Raymond? Who else stands out? Malholtra - if he does find his near-selke form (was a finalist before the eye injury) that would solve that problem... chances are ??? however... really really really sucks

Raymond can fit: in Ballards hockey bag and ship him UPS to whoever wants him for a 18th round draft pick.

But seriously, he is a decent player with good skills/assets, I just don't think he fits here anymore.

We are deep (especially if Doan comes) and Raymond would fit better on a weaker team where he can be given the ice time.

Like what happened to NYI Grabner.

If we do end up keeping him, I seem him bouncing around all the lines as usual again and score a disappointing 11 goals this year, with most of us willing to drive him to the airport (Otherwise PROVE ME WRONG: RAYMOND!!)

Raymond is normally a left winger, so has already been demoted with the acquisition of Booth. Him playing on the right side is merely because the only other choice of where to play him would be on the third line, and move Higgins up, which would have screwed up the chemistry on the third line...

Should Doan sign here, I see no advantage in keeping Raymond. I do like the kid, but having him at over $2 million and in the press box is a bit of a waste of cap space.

Current Canucks roster per Capgeek (lines/pairings are alphabetical and/or value of contract, not my suggestion of how they should be):

http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/?team_id=29

The only place I could see him having a spot would be on the third line, but with Higgins and Hansen likely there...

regards,

G.

Archived