The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IF we signed Doan then where would Raymond fit?

Junkyard Dog

Can't we just get rid of Kassian and keep Ray? Kassian may seem promising to some people (and I'm not saying hes a bust) but Raymond needs and I would say deserves another season to get back to 100% He's givin alot to this Organization and he can be a good energy for the 3rd line

Raymond and Hansen both have speed to burn so having them get in on the forecheck could drive the opposition defense nuts....the problem is that Raymond isn't physical enough and falls down at the slightest contact so I would rather have Higgins on the 3rd than Raymond.

I would try and trade Raymond for a 3rd line centre because I just can't imagine Raymond as a 4th liner.

As far as Doan, I would love to see him in a Canuck jersey but realistically, we don't have enough cap space to sign him.

Raymond and Hansen both have speed to burn so having them get in on the forecheck could drive the opposition defense nuts....the problem is that Raymond isn't physical enough and falls down at the slightest contact so I would rather have Higgins on the 3rd than Raymond.

I would try and trade Raymond for a 3rd line centre because I just can't imagine Raymond as a 4th liner.

As far as Doan, I would love to see him in a Canuck jersey but realistically, we don't have enough cap space to sign him.

With Doan in the lineup I see Raymond starting the year on the 3rd line with Higgins and Lapierre.

Seriously though we know how AV likes to juggle and reward or punish players with their play.

We could see Raymond with Kesler and Doan, Booth with the twins and Burrows on the third.

Doesn't matter to me, as long as the leash for him is short.

(Hopefully) Everybody (Else) Loves Raymond... if Shane comes here then good bye May Ray!

Twins - Booth

Burr - Kes - Doan

Higgins - Lapierre/ 3C - Hansen

Weise - Manny - Kassian

that's pretty solid... though 3rd line center could still be upgraded (trade Mason for one?)

Raymond will be on the second line.. unless he doesn't perform. Or he could be used for trade bait. I look at the 1 year signing as the last chance for him.

Doan will fit in on the second line For sure! And or could be a nice addition to the Sedin twins!

There's no way Doan will sign here with the cap space we have left. There's a very high chance that Doan will only be brought to REPLACE a player rather than join the team. I'd put my money on Raymond being the odd one out, though I do feel sympathetic towards him and feel he hasn't been given a fair shot like Kesler has.

I am at times just as frustrated watching Raymond but I am absolutely amazed at how people are ready to toss him under the bus. This kid had an injury so serious that the question being asked was whether or not he would have serious permanent damage and perhaps walk again, nevermind play hockey again.

It seems many do not even want to offer him the slightest chance at coming back after a full recovery, full summer of training and full training camp, even though he has a proven skillset and has scored in this league.

I can only assume the same people have never played hockey and/or have never been injured while playing.

If it just does not work out then yes, there are numerous options available to Management, however; the attitude of some people here is just embarrassing and shameful.

I am perfectly fine with keeping Raymond in an interchangeable top/bottom six role as well as some special teams @ $2.275 (which is extremely reasonable) per for this year.

The same people crying for his removal now may perhaps be the same who whine about this team not having enough depth down the road.

(Hopefully) Everybody (Else) Loves Raymond... if Shane comes here then good bye May Ray!

Twins - Booth

Burr - Kes - Doan

Higgins - Lapierre/ 3C - Hansen

Weise - Manny - Kassian

that's pretty solid... though 3rd line center could still be upgraded (trade Mason for one?)

He's not exactly burning a hole in the Canucks pocket, his price tag and skills fit fine on our 3rd line. Higgins is apparently able to play center. A line of Raymond-Higgins-Hansen seems the most logical to me, all fast, great checkers and capable of scoring 15-20 goals. That line could be the secondary scoring we are looking for and lock it up defensively.

Archived