Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

IF we signed Doan then where would Raymond fit?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#91 Cup2013?

Cup2013?

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

There's no way Doan will sign here with the cap space we have left. There's a very high chance that Doan will only be brought to REPLACE a player rather than join the team. I'd put my money on Raymond being the odd one out, though I do feel sympathetic towards him and feel he hasn't been given a fair shot like Kesler has.

Really? You think Raymond hasn't been given a good shot?

It is just the opposite. Raymond has been given every opportunity and he has squandered all of them.

#92 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Raymond isnt the only guy who might be over paid and not fit in. Dies manny really fit in 4 th line center? He also makes 2 mil. Both guys are good guys so i hope they can get their games back on track

#93 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

I hope Raymond can go and play at home in Alberta or on a speed team like the Islanders.

He would do well with the Oilers and we all know the Flames need as much help as they can get and he is a Cochrane boy,if I remember correctly.

#94 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Oh noes, 2m out of a 70m cap on a player that had put up 40-50 point seasons.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#95 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Raymond will move between the 2nd and 3rd line - like Higgins. Or 4th line if he plays like he did last year, meaning he will be press-box material eventually.

3rd line is a mess right now, Lapierre with Higgins and Raymond? Who else stands out? Malholtra - if he does find his near-selke form (was a finalist before the eye injury) that would solve that problem... chances are ??? however... really really really sucks

#96 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Raymond can go suck an egg. Never liked his play. Skates like the wind to just fall to the ground. Very weak player and too fearful to go to the net.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#97 tjkaemingh

tjkaemingh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Raymond can fit: in Ballards hockey bag and ship him UPS to whoever wants him for a 18th round draft pick.

But seriously, he is a decent player with good skills/assets, I just don't think he fits here anymore.
We are deep (especially if Doan comes) and Raymond would fit better on a weaker team where he can be given the ice time.
Like what happened to NYI Grabner.

If we do end up keeping him, I seem him bouncing around all the lines as usual again and score a disappointing 11 goals this year, with most of us willing to drive him to the airport (Otherwise PROVE ME WRONG: RAYMOND!!)

#98 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Raymond is normally a left winger, so has already been demoted with the acquisition of Booth. Him playing on the right side is merely because the only other choice of where to play him would be on the third line, and move Higgins up, which would have screwed up the chemistry on the third line...

Should Doan sign here, I see no advantage in keeping Raymond. I do like the kid, but having him at over $2 million and in the press box is a bit of a waste of cap space.

Current Canucks roster per Capgeek (lines/pairings are alphabetical and/or value of contract, not my suggestion of how they should be):

http://capgeek.com/c...tor/?team_id=29

The only place I could see him having a spot would be on the third line, but with Higgins and Hansen likely there...

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#99 GoNucks74

GoNucks74

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Just Fantasizing

Sedin Sedin Doan (remember Anson Carter?)
Raymond Kesler/Schroeder Booth
Higgins-Lapierre-Burrows
Weisse-Malholtra-Hansen/Kassian

Sedin-Sedin-Anson Carter

We need to bring him out of retirement. :) Automatically a first line player. :)

Could you imagine if Carter had been on the Canucks all this time? :shock:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

#100 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

if doan sign, probably minors or trade him when kesler comes back.. unless he's getting a bunch of points

#101 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

In Doan's pocket.
Posted Image

#102 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Doan won't sign here. Raymond was recovering from a back injury. The Canucks just resigned Raymond + he's friends with Jason Garrison they train together. Chances Raymond gets moved and Doan signs here = unlikely. CDC is clueless. The end.

Did I miss anything?

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#103 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,228 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Raymond will be on the second line.. unless he doesn't perform. Or he could be used for trade bait. I look at the 1 year signing as the last chance for him.
Doan will fit in on the second line For sure! And or could be a nice addition to the Sedin twins!

Taking a paycut makes a one year deal in Raymonds own best interest. A 40 points season and he'll be in line for a raise.A 50 point season and it's a pretty healthy raise.
Posted Image

#104 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#105 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

If he plays well let him play. Besides, there's always a nice cozy spot in the press box waiting for him in case he doesn't.

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#106 E-ROD

E-ROD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Doan this, Doan that- he's not coming here.

#107 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

Doan won't sign here. Raymond was recovering from a back injury. The Canucks just resigned Raymond + he's friends with Jason Garrison they train together. Chances Raymond gets moved and Doan signs here = unlikely. CDC is clueless. The end.

Did I miss anything?

Summed up.
Posted Image

#108 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Did I miss anything?

Just a whole lot of daydreaming...

#109 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Didn't you hear? Doan was offered 30 mil over 4 yrs by (of course..) some eastern team. He would be insane not to accept that.

On a side note, I'm not sure how much I can take of Raymond and his antics. Got about a dozen concussion's last year by banging my head against the walls because it seemed like a better alternative to watching Raymond play.

Edited by 6OH!4, 13 July 2012 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#110 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Make no mistake about it - they will try Raymond on the 2nd line. But when it is confirmed he can't do much there he will be demoted to (or start the season on) the 3rd line which is supposed to be a defensively responsible with some scoring ability 3rd. But he can't hit worth a damn which makes him out of place on what is also supposed to be an energy line.

So really, who knows.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#111 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Weird how he broke his back playing for this team his career could have been over but he came back and got 10 goals and 10 assists yet everyone thinks he isn't good. It takes a whole lot of dedication to do what he did.

Problem is; he was useless before the back injury so what makes you think he'll be any better after it?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.