Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

UFA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

One player that was mentioned in the Bleacher Report was UFA Andrei Kostitsyn from Nashville.
The guy is 27 years old, 6' 214 lbs and can play RW or LW and can score. His last contract paid him $3.2M per year.
We need an upgrade at forward and he is affordable and a decent sized winger who has produced at all levels and in the playoffs.
Nashville had issues with him which resulted in the team suspending him but maybe a change of scenery is just what the guy needs.
We don't have to give up picks to get him and he is definately a skilled player.
Just wondering what CDC thinks of this guy....worth giving him a shot?

#2 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Similiar to Semin (although not as good) in that he is skilled but isnt playing to his potential and is streaky. Any guy that goes out partying during the playoffs and doesnt put 100% in all the time is not a guy I want playing for my hockey team. I'd say pass

Edited by JordanEberle, 10 July 2012 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#3 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,779 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Could be a not bad option if we can't get Doan. I liked his game when he was in Montreal but character wise does not seem like a Gillis type of player.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#4 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

i doubt he meets the criteria of players MG wants in his locker room.

#5 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

He's going to go to Russia.
Posted Image

#6 Datsyukian

Datsyukian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

In recent interviews MG has stressed the importance of having character guys on his team. Guys that party in playoffs are not guys that the Canucks would want. He could cause dysfunction in the locker room, don't see him in a Canuck uniform.

#7 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Similiar to Semin (although not as good) in that he is skilled but isnt playing to his potential and is streaky. Any guy that goes out partying during the playoffs and doesnt put 100% in all the time is not a guy I want playing for my hockey team. I'd say pass

He is cheaper than Semin but after reading other posters comments, it looks like the team upgrades are going to have to arrive via the trade route.

#8 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

In recent interviews MG has stressed the importance of having character guys on his team. Guys that party in playoffs are not guys that the Canucks would want. He could cause dysfunction in the locker room, don't see him in a Canuck uniform.

LOL.....I forgot about the partying during the playoffs.....AV would never let a guy like that ever get in his good books.

Edited by bluesman60, 10 July 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#9 kessywessy

kessywessy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

He doesn't seem worth it...

#10 shadowscyne

shadowscyne

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

He has good size, has skill, but inconsistent, but would do rather well on an elite team.
25g25a in top 6 on elite team
Posted Image

#11 phantemn

phantemn

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

:picard:

#12 antonyn455

antonyn455

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

..but what would nashville want if we traded for him?

#13 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

..but what would nashville want if we traded for him?

He's a UFA...

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#14 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

he's a bad version of semin

#15 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

He's streaky at best, we need a consistent guy who can put up a goal every 1-2 games.
Posted Image

#16 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Meh. He seems like a kinda player who would dissapear in the playoffs.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.