33 replies to this topic

#1 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I guess this was announced a while ago, but there was no thread yet, so...

The folks at Turn 10, the company responsible for the incredible Forza racing series, have kept pretty quiet about the upcoming open world driving game Forza Horizon shy of the fact that the new game would feature the 2013 SRT Viper but today, we get our first good look at Forza Horizon.
And it looks absolutely incredible.
Forza Horizon is based in Colorado around the fictitious Horizon Festival – a festival centered around live music and some of the most incredible cars in the world. Unlike the traditional Forza Motorsport games that are focused strictly around sanctioned racing on closed circuit courses, Horizon offers a variety of racing types including point to point, drifting, stunt driving and circuit racing with much of the action taking place on the scenic open roads of Colorado. Turn 10 promises over 60 different types of racing surfaces on road and off, offering the first sample of the awesome Forza series dynamics on something other than a paved surface intended for racing. Unlike Forza 1 through 4, Horizon will have you racing more than cars, with events pitting you against helicopters and fight planes as you earn points for smashing through obstacles and roadside items.
In addition to offering up a little more info about what to expect from Forza Horizon, Turn 10 discussed the E3 demo that we hope to see arrive soon on the Xbox Live marketplace. The Demo begins as you sit in the Lakeside Diner when your group hears that the first driver to the first ten cars to arrive at the Horizon Festival will gain entry to the next day’s events. As the crew of drivers all tear out of the Diner parking lot, you find yourself in the first car that you get to drive in Forza Horizon – the 2013 SRT Viper.
The demo takes you along a variety of road surfaces in the 2013 SRT Viper, you will accumulate points for smashing things, drifting, and performer other unnamed stunts along the way. It is also during this first drive that you will experience another first for the Forza series – night racing. This demo race ends with an arrival at the Horizon Festival and from there – we can only dream of what this amazing new driving simulator has in store.
For the first time, the incredible driving simulation of the Forza Motorsport series will be applied to an open world road racing game that offers the various racing types of “arcade racers” but without the brutally unrealistic driving dynamics. Forza Horizon could be the culmination of strong points from every type of racing game, all wrapped up in the amazing graphics and gameplay from Turn 10.
Turn 10 has not revealed a car list for Forza Horizon and we will probably be without that piece of treasure until we are closer to the full launch of the game but based on the video (which you can watch below) and the various still shots from gameplay, we know some of the cars coming to Forza Horizon. In theory, we would like to think that Horizon will have every car that Forza Motorsport 4 has and more but that is mere speculation. We know that the 2013 SRT Viper GTS will be present along with the Ford GT, the Nissan Skyline R34, the Nissan 370Z, the Mitsubishi Evolution X, the Mazda RX7 FD3S, an old school Audi Quattro, the 2012 BMW M5, and the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. There also appear to be real life traffic vehicles including the new Ford Taurus and a Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Forza Horizon will officially hit stores on October 23rd, 2012 but Turn 10 has promised to offer more info and updates throughout the summer which will hopefully (please, please) include a playable demo version of the game. With any luck, Forza Horizon will come in some sort of Limited Edition VIP like we got with Forza Motorsport 4 that will cost a little more but will offer VIP players more cars, races and other goodies.
The first gameplay video of Forza Horizon is attached below and it is pure awesomeness…so crank up your speakers, click the “full screen” box and prepare for 2 minutes of gaming awesomeness. The game looks unbelievable and you can all be sure that TorqueNews will bring you more Forza Horizon news as it becomes available.

Combining Forza with an open-world racer, truly wonderful stuff.
Release Date: October 23, 2012.
Posted Image

#2 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

So excited.

Anyone who played TDU will want to play this. Forza's driving + graphics + open world = Amazing.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#3 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Might be the first driving game I buy in a number of years. Cool.

Posted Image

#4 ī мцšт вяздк чфµ

ī мцšт вяздк чфµ

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

my fav. driving game all time has so far been nfs: porsche unleashed. hopefully this can top it.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#5 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

my fav. driving game all time has so far been nfs: porsche unleashed. hopefully this can top it.

Really?

I loved Porsche Unleashed but wouldn't say its the best driving game nor was it the best Need For Speed, the open world was cool though.
Posted Image

#6 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Most Wanted was one of my favorite NFS's.

3Goktj2.jpg

#7 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

New behind the scenes video of Horizon. Im super pumped for this game an play forza 4 almost all the time

Edited by AfterMath35, 08 September 2012 - 08:10 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Sort of forgot about this thread, anywho, lots of new news!

Demo will be released October 9th.

New Launch Trailer here:

Official Music List (absolutely love it, one of the best soundtracks I have ever seen):
http://forzamotorspo..._Horizon_BTS_2/

Last but certainly not least, the Official Car List as of October 2nd:
http://www.torquenew...car-list-within
Posted Image

#9 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Looks sweet in concept, but I wonder how the actual game will pan out. Hopefully it's as expansive as they are promising it is.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#10 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Looks sweet in concept, but I wonder how the actual game will pan out. Hopefully it's as expansive as they are promising it is.

Well at the very least it will have improved Forza 4 driving mechanics, so thats a great start.
Plus open world looks stunning.
I'm sure there will be a couple little issues with this being their first attempt at a game like this, but heres hoping it lives up to its Forza name.
Posted Image

#11 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Forza is Xbox exclusive right?
Posted Image

#12 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Forza is Xbox exclusive right?

Yup.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#13 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Well at the very least it will have improved Forza 4 driving mechanics, so thats a great start.
Plus open world looks stunning.
I'm sure there will be a couple little issues with this being their first attempt at a game like this, but heres hoping it lives up to its Forza name.

Hearing that they're using the Forza mechanics is very promising. The name is something hard to live up to for sure.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#14 ī мцšт вяздк чфµ

ī мцšт вяздк чфµ

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

demo is out on oct9. hopefully the full game wont disappoint

#15 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

demo is out on oct9. hopefully the full game wont disappoint

Going to play a lot of the demo tonight.
Well mostly, minus a few tweaks, they kept the driving mechanics similar.
I always loved Forza games, but I got tired of the races after a while, and I always wished there was some sort of free roam just to screw around in between races.
Forza games are always high quality, so despite the fact they are venturing into some unexplored territory, I'm fairly confident they will get it done right.

Edited by Jagermeister, 08 October 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Demos out! I'm downloading as we speak.
Posted Image

#17 ī мцšт вяздк чфµ

ī мцšт вяздк чфµ

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Demo is sweet. Can't wait for full game.

#18 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Demo is sweet. Can't wait for full game.

I'm gonna start playing at 5. Pretty excited, I hear its loaded up with lots of stuff including free roam.

Edited by Armada, 09 October 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'd only get a racer it i invested in a racing wheel
Posted Image

#20 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

ign review 9/10 pretty good cant wait for this game to come out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDu9TiNW3aw

gamespot review

Edited by AfterMath35, 13 October 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Posted Image

#21 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

ign review 9/10 pretty good cant wait for this game to come out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDu9TiNW3aw

gamespot review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHAZQLnSjnE

From playing the demo it certainly looks like its gonna be great.

I have only 2 minor quirks with the demo, one is the invisible barriers you hit when you go off road, and the other is how you call blow through a semi hitting it head on at 230km/h. Of course I can understand why both of those things happen, but they do bug me a little bit.
Posted Image

#22 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm stoked for this game. I've played Forza since the first one
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#23 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Forza should be on PS3, but, I guess we have Gran Turismo
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#24 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Forza Horizon Rally Expansion

October 16, 2012by Brian Ekberg
With just a few more days until the launch of Forza Horizon starting on October 23, the news for the game keeps coming strong. As if hitting the open roads of Colorado wasn’t enough, today we’re unveiling the first glimpse of the first expansion pack for Forza Horizon… and rally fans, this one’s for you. The “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” is coming on December 18 to Xbox LIVE and will be available for 1,600 MS Points (or included as part of the Forza Horizon Season Pass).

Posted Image

Delivering an immersive and authentic rally racing experience on the roughest untamed roads of Colorado, the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more.

Look for further details on the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” in the coming weeks, leading up to the release of the pack on December 18.

Forza Horizon Season Pass Details: We’ve got the full details on the Forza Horizon Season Pass below, including newly announced content that makes the Season Pass an even better value to Forza Horizon fans.
Here’s the complete rundown of content available to Forza Horizon Season Pass owners:

Month One Car Pack
The Month One Car Pack for Forza Horizon will be available starting on October 23 and will include six cars for use in Forza Horizon:

2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione -- It’s notable that Ferrari considers itself a racing team first and automaker second. Leaving no gaps in the realm of elite performance, the XX line was created to bridge between Formula One and production cars. The Evoluzione has only 30 more horsepower than the previous 599XX but is a full second faster on Ferrari’s exclusive Fiorano test track.

Posted Image

2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged -- One of the biggest and best-kept secrets of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the Gumpert Apollo Enraged dropped jaws at its unveiling. The ultra-exclusive three units of production are street legal, but realistically are ready-to-race track cars.

Posted Image

2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider -- In the tradition of the open-air Giulietta of the 1950’s, but with all the performance and technology of the 8C Competizione Coupe, the 8C Spider is as graceful as you’d expect from an Alfa. It is also ready to pounce given a little motivation. Its body lines are supple; its interior boasts exposed carbon fiber and aluminum.

Posted Image

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 -- Revamping a classic car to match its predecessor is a difficult trick in the car business. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does so in every way and then some. Pure fun mixed with nostalgia doesn’t get much better than this.

Posted Image

2012 Lamborghini Aventador J -- Sparing no expense, and designed in a total of six weeks for its one prospective customer, Lamborghini created the open-air Aventador J. In its cockpit you won’t find any climate control—for obvious reasons—or navigation; they would simply add weight. Powered by the standard Aventador’s 700 horsepower 6.5-liter V12, the roofless—and ruthless--J can easily achieve speeds north of 180 mph.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air -- Before the terms “stanced” or “tuner” were even a thought in the mind of any car enthusiast, there was the ‘57 Chevy. The Bel Air was the most upscale of the bodies sporting the most chrome and a golden grill. Whether you keep it classic, flourish it in flames, or drop in a big block, it will always get looks.

The Month One Car Pack is included free for Forza Horizon Season Pass owners, or available individually for 400 MS Points.

Six Monthly DLC Car Packs
Beginning in November, Forza Horizon fans will enjoy a steady stream of monthly DLC cars and the Forza Horizon Season Pass will give you instant access to all these cars as they are released. Each monthly DLC pack will include six incredible cars bound for Horizon Festival greatness – from cutting edge supercars to eminently drivable classics and all points in between. Individual DLC car packs will cost 400 MS Points but Season Pass owners will have access to the first six monthly DLC packs, from November 2012 through April 2013, at no additional cost. As always, fans will be able to use their DLC cars in a variety of monthly DLC-focused community events, contests, and challenges, including photo contests, Rivals events, and more.

Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack
The Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack will include new events, new cars, and new achievements and will cost 1,600 MS Points as a standalone purchase. The Rally Expansion Pack is included in the cost of the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass. Look for more info on this exciting expansion pack in the weeks to come.

Five Exclusive Season Pack Bonus Cars
In addition to the Month 1 Car Pack, the six Monthly DLC Packs and the Rally Expansion Pack, Forza Horizon Season Pass owners will also receive five exclusive Season Pass bonus cars, with one car delivered monthly for the next five months. Season Pass Bonus Cars will be available for download on the third Tuesday of each month from November 2012 through March 2013. The Season Pass Bonus Car for November is the 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept. Look for more details on future Season Pass Bonus Cars in the coming weeks.

The Forza Horizon Season Pass will cost 4,000 MS Points and represents savings of more than 15 percent over buying the individual content packs. Look for the Forza Horizon Season Pass, available for purchase on Xbox LIVE, beginning on October 23.

"Play and Win" Incentives: Players who purchase and play “Forza Horizon” during the first week of release will receive a free gift car – the 2010 Saleen S5S Raptor; a unicorn car typically only available from the “Forza Horizon” community team. Those who download and play the currently available Xbox LIVE demo for Forza Horizon and then play the full game will receive a 2013 SRT Viper GTS, complete with a custom livery.

Good old Forza, always adding in new cars.
Posted Image

#25 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Good old Forza, always adding in new cars.

I am so stoked for this game. Forza and NHL have been my primary games for the last 5 years lol
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#26 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Those DLC's sound great.

Kind of pricy for the rally pack. Is it adding new roads or just new races..?
Posted Image

#27 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Dammit, now I'm gonna have to spend extra on the Rally Pack lol Hopefully there are some straight up rally races
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#28 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Wooooo, picking it up during my break at school, gonna play all night :towel:
Posted Image

#29 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Finally, the day has come.

I'll get it once I'm off school! :towel:
Posted Image

#30 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Not dissapointed one bit.
Everything that needed to be there is there, and it is done superbly. A few extra little things short of perfection.
9/10 from me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.