The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Children’s OxyContin Trial Underway

DarthNinja

Also equally not surprising is that again the entire point of the thread has been ignored (this story has zero to do with helping children or pain management) so that pharmaceutical companies can be defended, especially and as usual by someone who is directly involved with the industry that produces these drugs and vaccines for shoving diseases into the arms of mankind. The very essence of spin.

You said you majored in immunology, now you are in pharmacy school. If you want to get down to it and start calling people out, are we to be shocked that you vehemently defend the very substances and industry that have time and time again been proven as evil and harmful yet your future (and perhaps even current) livelihood is dependent upon?

Also equally not surprising is that again the entire point of the thread has been ignored (this story has zero to do with helping children or pain management) so that pharmaceutical companies can be defended, especially and as usual by someone who is directly involved with the industry that produces these drugs and vaccines for shoving diseases into the arms of mankind. The very essence of spin.

You said you majored in immunology, now you are in pharmacy school. If you want to get down to it and start calling people out, are we to be shocked that you vehemently defend the very substances and industry that have time and time again been proven as evil and harmful yet your future (and perhaps even current) livelihood is dependent upon?

As the late George Carlin said: *reported content removed*

You can't guarantee squat. The FDA "regulates" Big Pharma, and it's well known that they're both corrupt. And like usual everyone just turns a blind eye to the facts and hands out meaningless words of personal experience that really has no factor in the matter.

There's a huge conflict of interest with FDA board members previously working for Big Pharma and vice versa with huge payouts being made to each other. There is no regulation.

And I'd argue that if you want to start accusing people that have spent a decade working and studying in the medical field of bias, you should probably have some type of training or experience yourself. Or at least develop your critical thinking skills a bit so when you're trying to backup your ridiculous assertions you can use peer-reviewed literature and not just the blog entries of paranoid schizophrenics.

You're like the Sarah Palin of medicine. "Everyone should listen to my opinions because I am the least informed so I couldn't deliberately mislead you even if I tried."

When it comes to medical matters, I choose to believe the people who care enough dedicate their lives to the field, not those who just post incoherent rants on the internet.

'Sarah Palin' references with fabricated and contrived quotations attributed to me...'paranoid schizophrenics'...'no critical thinking skills'...very intelligent. Very factual and concise. And you want to talk about accusing people...

Do you have any experience taking Oxy in your life? Have you been around those who have taken it? Or are you just going by what some pharmaceutical textbook says?

Allow me to quote one of my previous responses to you:

Nothing new to see here...

And yes, I'd also much rather believe people who care enough, dedicate their lives to the field and are dedicated to the well-being of humanity and dedicated to curing mankind as opposed to keeping them medicated and coming back for more through some textbook pharmaceutical company 'blue book' lackey spin-doctor posting incoherent rants, useless dismissive arguments and insults to uphold their position and that we should all ignore reality.

And when people more qualified are referenced, well, they are 'nutcases' (or 'zombie quacks')...so original, so enlightening...so predictable!

In the end you simply take personal offense, followed closely by some 'fact from fiction' comment because you are incapable of removing your emotional attachment to the very industry that is going to be either signing or contributing to your paycheques and has been deemed evil by numerous individuals who have spent decades working within.

But they are all nutcase quacks because they oppose the very pharmaceutical company funded and sponsored textbooks and educational programs you have been burying your face into for over a decade.

I suppose it could be that you really are oblivious.

People have been studying economics and monetary policy for over a decade and are 'experts' but that does not in any way render the Federal Reserve systems or the operational models of many large corporations any less evil to those who are able to discern fact from fiction in reality. Yet those 'experts' stop at nothing to defend the evil that has been nothing but a plague to mankind.

As the late George Carlin said: Blow it out your ass.

You can't guarantee squat. The FDA "regulates" Big Pharma, and it's well known that they're both corrupt. And like usual everyone just turns a blind eye to the facts and hands out meaningless words of personal experience that really has no factor in the matter.

There's a huge conflict of interest with FDA board members previously working for Big Pharma and vice versa with huge payouts being made to each other. There is no regulation.

YOU. OBVIOUSLY. HAVE. NOT. READ. MY. ON. TOPIC. POSTS. IN. THIS. THREAD.

You really should, you wouldn't come off looking so ridiculously foolish in your assumptions and comments. Reading comprehension is obviously not your forte.

You need to stop putting words in my mouth that I did not say and then going off on ridiculous tangents about them. It does not serve you well.

And hun, if I wanted to get offensive with you, you'd know it. There would be absolutely no mistaking it.

I'll take a page out of your book BB. You obviously do not understand the usage of a period. Also to everyone arguing with her. You shouldn't bother. When facts are provided, she will say one line comebacks. Then when you point that out, the above occurs. You never read her posts bla blah blah and goes on to ramble about whatever.

Too bad you haven't bothered to read the entire thread either or recognized that the thread has moved on. But nice shot at trying to stir things up again. Your usual, and inevitable, FAIL.

No matter what the FDA says, 99.99% of physicians would never prescribe oxycodone to a child without good reason, 99.99% of pharmacists would never fill that order without good reason, and 99.99% of nurses would never administer oxycodone to a child without good reason.

You need to go back and read what I wrote.....assumptions only make you look foolish. As per usual.

It was clear you hadn't read the thread or you wouldn't have been able to make the comments you did with a straight face.

Here we go again. More verbal diarrhea in the form of percentages. And what's this business about "good reason", there is none. This stuff is dangerous for grown adults and should never be taken by anyone let alone children, along with the majority of prescription drugs.

And you're kidding yourself if you don't think it will be prescribed when there will be a nice pay day in for the dealer. Where do you think the millions of people addicted to Oxy today get their supply from? They'll sell thousands of pills a month to addicts, they do not care, it's big business. Children are the untapped market. The parents, the oblivious enablers.

Um, that's exactly what's happening now, so what's the difference?

Yay more nutjob remarks, discrediting arguments one post at a time.

:rolleyes:

No matter what the FDA says, 99.99% of physicians would never prescribe oxycodone to a child without good reason, 99.99% of pharmacists would never fill that order without good reason, and 99.99% of nurses would never administer oxycodone to a child without good reason.

And Ron Paul wants to privatize medicine to the point where physicians don't even have to treat emergency room patients if they can't pay, and he wants to eliminate the FDA, let companies claim whatever they want about their medications and just let the consumer decide for themselves. Anything that nutjob says about medicine is suspect.

Secondly, oh look, conspiracy.

This is only a business decision because you ignore the other, primary reason a doctor or GP would prescribe such a thing, to manage high amounts of pain. I would agree with you about how terrible the US medical industry is about cost and competition, but it would only cater to your red herring conspiracy dogcrap.

The piece cited in the OP is informative and cited obvious concerns any reasonable person would have with children's metabolism and addiction potential, especially in giving it to their children, but the OP hijacks it as per conspiracy, and of course the same conspiracy queens are here to try and make us paranoid of a modified drug that has some very obvious potential usages for it's targeted audience.

etc., etc., etc...but you are naturally skeptical of pharmaceutical companies and governments.

Now let's see if you come back with some brilliant 'reverend Alex Jones' comment that would even insult the intelligence of a three year old child on OxyContin,, yet do yourself oh so proud (which has some very obvious potential usages for its target audience) .

"Three year old on Oxy" aptly describes your purposefully misleading paranoia garbage.

Pharmaceutical companies nor governments would prescribe children's oxy to "three years olds" at all. They don't have the authority to. Trials would be administered to a select group mandated by doctors, never mind prescriptions presuming things go beyond that.. not an industry, nor government.

Reverend Alex forgot to teach you guys a little common sense and humility.

Archived