The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Canucks interested in Cristobal Huet

It was reported in a Swedish newspaper that dependent upon how the Luongo situation works out that Lack would be willing to sign back in Sweden. Lack would be a starter in the SEL and make 3x more than what he's making in the minors, tough call but if Luongo gets moved and a goalie isn't coming back, I'd trust that Lack can make the jump.

Huet will be turning 37 at the beginning of the season. Many goalies have lasted for a few years after that time (ie. Roloson, Hasak, Khabibulin, etc). I would imagine the only reason why this guy disappeared to Europe was because of his large contract otherwise he would still be around. He's had very decent numbers for being the backup goaltender so many times.

I say we have nothing to lose if we sign Huet. We shouldn't rush Lack. If Lack wants to be in the NHL someday moving to SEL might not be the best plan for him. See what happens I guess.

It was reported in a Swedish newspaper that dependent upon how the Luongo situation works out that Lack would be willing to sign back in Sweden. Lack would be a starter in the SEL and make 3x more than what he's making in the minors, tough call but if Luongo gets moved and a goalie isn't coming back, I'd trust that Lack can make the jump.

There isn't a team out there that doesn't have a starter and a backup. Hence, the team we'd be trading Luongo to would likely be giving us their backup (or starter) back.

Yes, there is a chance that Huet is being looked in the odd circumstance that we won't acquire a backup in exchange for Luongo, but there is also a chance that some guy on twitter just saw our very own Huet to Canucks speculation thread on CDC and decided to make a rumour tweet about it.

Huet was replaced as the starter in Chicago for a reason. Short memories, everyone? He was horrible. Not horrible for the cap hit. Just plain horrible.

And now he's not even accustomed to NHL shooters anymore? No thanks.

More like a camp invite and pre season goalie. I don't think he would beat out Lack for the back up spot in the regular season. Its good to have a veteran around but Huet will pbbly end up in the AHL if he signs with Canucks.

What happened to Theodore coming back in the Luongo trade? I guess he is not budging from his refusal to waive his NTC.

There isn't a team out there that doesn't have a starter and a backup. Hence, the team we'd be trading Luongo to would likely be giving us their backup (or starter) back.

Yes, there is a chance that Huet is being looked in the odd circumstance that we won't acquire a backup in exchange for Luongo, but there is also a chance that some guy on twitter just saw our very own Huet to Canucks speculation thread on CDC and decided to make a rumour tweet about it.

Huet was replaced as the starter in Chicago for a reason. Short memories, everyone? He was horrible. Not horrible for the cap hit. Just plain horrible.

And now he's not even accustomed to NHL shooters anymore? No thanks.

Even if we decide to have Lack up as the backup (highly unlikely), we still 'need' a guy to challenge for the position at camp and pre-games. Huet at around $1M would fit the bill, if we can't get Theodore or someone similar back in a Luongo deal. I'd be more than comfortable going into the season with a Schneider - Theodore duo. LAck also, but that isn't the right course of action for a Cup contender. Huet so-and-so, but ok if we run out of options...

Archived