Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TowelPower12

Tomas Holmstrom

17 posts in this topic

Don't know if there's a thread about this already but what do you guys think about possibly signing Holmstrom? He's a ufa and I know he's older but he's still a beast in front of the net and I think him with the Sedins would be deadly he can just park himself in front and let them go to work. Then we can re-unite Burrows with Kesler on the 2nd line.

Old, but he would really thrive with the Sedins. I'd sign him for 1 or 2 million if he'd take it. Probably move him around the lineup during the season, but this would be a killer lineup for the playoffs:

Sedin - Sedin - Holmstrom

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Kassian - Malhotra - Raymond

Bitz

Perfect mix of size, skill and toughness down the lineup

There's this feature that allows you to search for previously brought up topics. It's called the "search button".

didn't even know he was available, I would be quite happy to sign him. he's a safe sign, not much of a risk

yeah yeah yeah, Tomas he's good. So umm, is it the young stars tournament yet? pre-season? a Luongo trade? anything? oh god anything!!!

sorry, Tomas would look good. He is a little old, and I think with Luongo still on the books and the other free agents we could be going after *cough Doan cough* I don't see it happening

There's this feature that allows you to search for previously brought up topics. It's called the "search button".

I think Holmstrom is a very good plan B if we don't find a way to nab up Doan.

His days are done ,he was playing on the 4th line last year and on the PP .

At best he has one good thing left in his game and thats his ability to stand in front of the net on PP other wise he useless

Wouldn't be a bad pick but i think GMMG wants the team to get younger, Holmstrom would be the opposite, just sayin.

He probably wants to retire in Detroit. Though if he's willing to sign here for cheap then he would be a good addition.