The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weber Turns Down 12 Year Offer

I agree with you. I don't think we need him at this point anyway, and we definitely can't afford him - not to mention he might not even want to come play here. We have a solid defensive core; what we need is an other top-6 forward to add scoring.

Weber is not staying in Nashville.

The Preds are gonna suck big time now with Suter gone and Weber would probably prefer to play on a good team.

Weber must follow the Canucks due to his connections here and so he must know that we have a good team.

The Canucks can easily afford him by making some adjustments like trading off Edler and one of our 2-4 million dollar forwards

The Lui trade should net us a return of a forward that can replace the one we send to the Preds

The only way I think Weber ends up in a Canucks jersey this year is if he tells Poile that Vancouver is his only option. Like Ryan Smyth and the oilers. Vancouver does not have the assets that other teams can dangle to land Weber.

Even then it'll take a package of Edler + Kassian + 1st round picks to make it work.

If that chain of events happen the Canucks 1st PP looks like this:

Art Ross-Hart-Selke

Norris-Bieksa

Vezina (calibre)

Unreal!

If he's available, I hope the nucks go for him

I'd mortgage the farm for him...

Jensen, Shredder, Gaunce Tanev, Kassian, Sauve, 1st Rounder, 2nd Rounder (whatever it takes)

To clear up cap space, trade luongo, ballard, raymond away (and with Kesler on LTIR, we'd get some more room too)

We literally wont have a farm team or depth after this but then we'd become an absolute dynasty imo

I don't know if it's apparent but I'm a huge fan of Weber's game

The only way I think Weber ends up in a Canucks jersey this year is if he tells Poile that Vancouver is his only option. Like Ryan Smyth and the oilers. Vancouver does not have the assets that other teams can dangle to land Weber.

Even then it'll take a package of Edler + Kassian + 1st round picks to make it work.

If that chain of events happen the Canucks 1st PP looks like this:

Art Ross-Hart-Selke

Norris-Bieksa

Vezina (calibre)

Unreal!

I don't get why people say "we arent getting him"After trading Luo and then try to get rid of ballard and Raymond we would have enough to get both Weber and Doan if doan decides to come here.Seems Weber and Doan would both like to play at home compaired to other places and who wouldnt want to play in the most beautiful place on the planet???

Hopefully it pans out like this.

Nashville trades him to a team that overpays, Nashville gets a boatload of young talent in return.

Weber refuses to sign a deal until he's a UFA.

July 1st, 2013 Weber signs with Vancouver on a 6 year deal worth $10 million per.

Archived