The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian's Father Passed Away When He Was 8

The Magician

Yeah, found that out way back when he did that After Hours segment (Someone posted it earlier in this thread)

I am very impressed by Kassian. He seems like a guy who is very high energy, high impact, energy kind of guy when he's on the ice, but he's very well spoken and humble seeming off the ice (at least in front of cameras). Very good mix I think. I'm really hoping he turns into a cornerstone of the team in the coming years, not just another piece of prospect trade bait.

Feel so bad for him. Zack's a real nice guy in person for a guy of his body frame but on the ice, he doesn't look like it cause he's out to do his job and send fear into the opponents. He really is a respectful guy, isn't cocky cause he's made the NHL, and is open minded to taking in tippers and suggestions from others.

Wish him even more success now that I heard about this...will make his mother that much prouder if he becomes a solid NHL'er and just imagining the hardships he and his family have gone through just hurts me. I hope he can develop into his full potential; his mom sure should be proud - she's done everything a mother could really do :)

No offense - but would you pull for someone less because they had two parents? What about me, didn't make it out of my teens with either -- should people really pull for me any more or less?

I think I understand the sentiment, but I think people should have been pulling for Kassian (and everyone else) anyway...unless they'd discovered a reason not to. I want the players I cheer for to succeed regardless.

Archived