The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Update] Doan Gets Contract Offers From 3 Teams, Canucks Offer

Gotta disagree w/ Ziemer there. I think an eastern team would have to offer a ridiculous amount like that just to even get his attention. It's not a foregone conclusion that the Canucks are out, if Doan really does want to stay in the west playing for a contender. Mind you that much money could change his mind pretty quick. I honestly think Doan does want to remain on the west coast though. I'm just hoping the ties w/ Gilman give us a chance at him, otherwise, I think he's going to LA :(

doan seems like a pretty logical guy, I think he would be flattered... but all in all; know that's not a sustainable contract. That team wont have a lot of room to move to fill additional holes that may appear.

Gotta disagree w/ Ziemer there. I think an eastern team would have to offer a ridiculous amount like that just to even get his attention. It's not a foregone conclusion that the Canucks are out, if Doan really does want to stay in the west playing for a contender. Mind you that much money could change his mind pretty quick. I honestly think Doan does want to remain on the west coast though. I'm just hoping the ties w/ Gilman give us a chance at him, otherwise, I think he's going to LA :(

Archived