The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

trades to help team now & future

Why would you want to trade Edler for Filpula? That is just wrong... You made me feel dirty... I need to shower now...

p.s. Huet isn't happy being signed then forgotten...

p.p.s. Ballard in our top 4? I get it now.. I'm on to you... You are Ballard aren't you? You being Ballard is the only way trading Edler for Filpulla makes sense...

p.p.p.s. Have to give you props for signing Doan at $4.5 million per year for two years though... You must have incriminating pictures of him (much like Hockey Insider has of Dreger)...

I think Wings will be going hard for edler and i beleive ballard can fill his roll. we also have 30 pts from garrison and flippula has a ring, can score 50 plus (scored 60 last yr) and can help kes and booth

Edler is a big, young, all-star defenseman, who made some mistakes in the playoffs this year and everyone has him on the chopping block. CDC can you please lose the goldfish memory?

Kesler is also still 1 year removed from a 40g+ selke winning season and people don't realize how not training all summer, coming back early, and starting mid-season impacted him negatively.

If we moved Edler to the wings, I'd want Franzen Back. They won't trade Dats/Zet...so Franzen immediately becomes who I'd want for a 1/1a dman.

Take into consideration too that he will likely sign a hometown discount next season and will be a blue chip dman who won't cost a fortune to keep on this team.

Everybody needs to quit throwing Edler under the bus, He is an all-star number one guy for crying out loud. Rather sign Doan and Mueller and keep Edler than get Doan, Filpulla and Jurcina.

That is also and underpayment for a top 5 goalie in the league. If that's the return, I hope Gillis uses his head and trades Schnieder for the best return and keeps Luo. Luongo gets too much hate for the cup finals.

Archived