The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Chi + UFA Moves

I believe we have very few concerns. Mainly a top 6 winger. Doan is the best option undoubtedly. But if we can't land him, what does everyone think about Peter Mueller? Yes he has had injuries but he can play. He is young to and can easily rifle 25 goals if healthy. Plus he can play center.

Also I think Ballard needs to be dealt or waived because he is overpaid for his ability. I am not a Ballard hater, quite frankly he is pretty good just not 4.2 mill good. Perhaps dealing him for a pick? I would like to give Colaiacovo a chance. He is injury prone but has proved he is a top 4 dman. Him +Tanev would be a solid bottom pair. I am sure he won't command to much. Plus if Garrison does not work out I trust him with Edler.

As for this trade, I never make trades proposals so propose ways to improve it if you need to.

To Chi:

Luongo

To Van:

Bolland

Now I know Bolland does not like us but he doesn't have legitimate hate, he has rival/hockey hate. We all hockey hate Bolland, not legit hate him like Marchand. We need a guy (Bolland) like this. He hits, he is one of the best shutdown forwards, can score and makes the other team draw penalties. He would take all D pressure off Kesler and allow him to get back to his 40 goal form.

Thoughts? Is Vancouver or Chicago getting fleeced?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Mueller/Bolland

Higgins-Mueller/Bolland-Hansen

Ebbett-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Colaiacovo-Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Lack or Veteran goalie

Also we could simply have Schroeder play 3rd line center. However I feel lack of offense has been an issue in the playoffs so Schroeder should be 1st call up.

Bolland crossed the line when he disrespected the Sedins and our team. I think it's overpayment on our part, maybe Chicago throws in a 1st or 2nd, and I would do it if all the other problems with Bolland was tossed aside. He's almost a perfect 3rd line center, just too bad it won't happen.

Bollard for Luongo is a one sided trade. The only way that VAN trade Luongo to CHI is if a major piece comes back the other way. Goaltending is the major weakness of CHI at the moment and if we fill that need for them then we must take back someone like Kane or Seabrook, otherwise we can just give CHI the Western conference title before the season starts.

This discussion was on team 1040 yesterday. Taylor and Farhan Lalji I think were discussing it and I think Larji was saying that Bolland was one of pieces Gillis was asking for in the Luongo trade. He seemed pretty convinced that he (Bolland) was part of the offer and that Hjalmarsson or Leddy were the other potential players coming back.

So deal would apparently look closer to Bolland and Hjalmarsson/Leddy for Luongo.

Can't say I like Bolland as a person but the guy can play and would certainly make Van-Chi rivalry even more interesting. Hjalmarsson would be solid but makes 3.5 and would most likely mean Ballard would be moved. Leddy would be interesting as a PP QB and doesn't make much.

I will try to find the clip online but can't seem to find the archive right now if anyone else heard it or knows how to find it would be grateful.

bigpush is exactly right.

The hard part of acquiring Bolland is that people dislike him, not that he wouldn't be good for our team. Actually the fact that we hate him shows just how valuable he is as a player. We hate playing against him, therefore we love having him on our team.

Bolland and Hjarmarsson for Luongo and Tanev is fair in my opinion.

It would definitely add a huge new element to the Canucks, Hawks rivalry

Wow what a horrible trade, Hawks get franchise goalie Canucks get medium sized 3rd line checker with some offensive upside who has zero interest in playing for Van (at least what he has publicly stated, maybe he is a closet Canucks fan IDK really)

At any rate this:

:picard:

Never seen that he said he would never play for the Canucks.

Seen this

"I don’t know what it is and why I’ve had success,” says Bolland, in a jovial mood after his team took three of four points on a two-game Eastern jaunt. “I don’t know whether they’re horrified by my looks or distracted by my beautiful face but we seem to have had some success against them. They’re two, maybe the top two players in the league and our line seems to do pretty well against them. Obviously our role is trying to keep them off the score sheet and helping the defence against them when they’re out there and that’s a tough chore but for some reason we’ve been pretty successful.

“It will be good to play them again and resume our battle with all the bad blood there is between the teams. And by bad blood I mean a healthy rivalry, because it’s becoming one of the best around with all that’s gone on between us the past couple of years. That stuff is really good for the league. It’s a bit like the Leafs and Habs were with all that’s gone on between the teams.”

and this

Bolland: "Well, they'll never become Hawks (applause). I don't think we'd let them on our team. That'd probably be one thing. We'd be sure not to let them on our team (laughs all around). And, yeah, they probably still would be sisters (chuckles). I think they might sleep in, like, bunk beds (more laughs). The older one has the bottom one, the younger one's got the top. So—I don't know."

Like I said earlier I didn't like his comments but at the end of the day he was having fun with some Hawks fans on a radio show and didn't say anything that the MSM hasn't said about the Sedins before anyways.

After a pretty emotional series against Philly the year before he said this about easy to hate Carcillo.

"For myself, I grew up playing with him (Carcillo), I started playing against him in juniors. I think, like, you play against him, you just want to run him and hurt him (more yuks from everyone), but now he's on your team so it's a bit of a different story. I think you welcome him and you enjoy him, and I think he's been a great acquisition for us."

Archived