Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Deadline Doan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 Ryanstorm

Ryanstorm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Shane Doan decides to consider offers from teams until July 16th.

10n8i06.jpg

#2 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

That's loyalty.

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

CDC PUCK-Washington Capitals

#3 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Geeze, he sure is giving Phoenix every opportunity to keep their captain. This kinda stuff makes me love Shane Doan even more. What a patient champ.

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#4 Nucks+Cup+♥

Nucks+Cup+♥

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Such class/loyalty.
Posted Image
credit to Henrik Sedin for awesome sig
:bigblush:

#5 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Class yes n thats what I love about him but come one Shane Phoenix is such a mess don't waste your carreer in that crap fiasco

#6 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

The good thing is, he will have talked to the teams he is interested in and know what is on the table. Likely, he will already have made up his mind who to go to so the 16th should be decision day, one way or the other.

#7 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Where can I sign in favour of the referendum? LOL

#8 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

This isn't getting resolved any time soon. It's been going on for YEARS...

Although I appreciate his alleged loyalty to the team there, if you're thinking of leaving, nothing is going to happen in just a couple of weeks to convince you to stay.

I'd love to see him here but I doubt it will happen. This team unfortunately has a rep of being ratty and pompous.... ironically, it's guys like Doan that we need here to change that.

#9 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

CDC is going to devour itself.

#10 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Although I appreciate his alleged loyalty to the team there, if you're thinking of leaving, nothing is going to happen in just a couple of weeks to convince you to stay.

I'd love to see him here but I doubt it will happen. This team unfortunately has a rep of being ratty and pompous.... ironically, it's guys like Doan that we need here to change that.

Yeah man, I'm tired of our reputation, and always being the team that dives as though they're shot. Like, they aren't even good at it, they just embarrass themselves along with the fans.

Edited by BenDrinkin, 11 July 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#11 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

This team unfortunately has a rep of being ratty and pompous.... ironically, it's guys like Doan that we need here to change that.

This team is also the two time president's trophy winners and despite recent unfortunate events, still a favored team to win it all. At this point in his career, what do you think a guy like Doan covets more - winning or playing with a bunch of nice guys and trying to save a franchise that never should have existed and has been living on the edge of relocation since it's inception?

#12 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

This is probably good! More time to think about the good things that can come with a change of scenery. If his wife mentions to her family he's considering vancouver they're gonna big the crap outta her to come home lol.

Haha one can only hope

#13 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

Lol Parise & Suter take 3 days to decide the next 15 or so years of their life: CDC: "OMG WAI R THEY TAKING SO LONG 2
DECIIIIIIDE"

Shane Doan taking 2 & a half weeks to decide the next 2 or 3 years of his life: CDC: Good for him, what a classy & loyal guy.
Posted Image

#14 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Really its coming down to the referendum. If the city holds a referendum, Doan is leaving. If they don't and Jamieson becomes owner, he'll re-sign.

I shout out to all residents of Phoenix, please run out and sign.

#15 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

CDC is going to devour itself.

Good.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#16 jatylo

jatylo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

just wondering, would he sign a 1 year (hopefully with the canucks) and hope the coyotes get it together next year? Or will he fully move on 3 year deal and retire.

#17 butters

butters

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Lol Parise & Suter take 3 days to decide the next 15 or so years of their life: CDC: "OMG WAI R THEY TAKING SO LONG 2
DECIIIIIIDE"

Shane Doan taking 2 & a half weeks to decide the next 2 or 3 years of his life: CDC: Good for him, what a classy & loyal guy.

CDC is not a hive mind. Rather, it is a bunch of different people with diffeent opinions.

#18 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

just wondering, would he sign a 1 year (hopefully with the canucks) and hope the coyotes get it together next year? Or will he fully move on 3 year deal and retire.

doubt it

#19 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

The guy is classy and really waiting for the 'yotes to get their crap together. That's loyalty.

R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
rsz_sam_reinhart.jpg

medium.pngColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#20 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

DECIIIIIIDE"

He's classy and loyal because hes giving his old team every chance to sign him... not because he bolted 3 days later..

#21 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

⊂(◉‿◉)つ

• Members
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

DECIIIIIIDE"

It's two different situations. Doan is waiting to sign with Phoenix of they get their stuff together. The other two were probably looking for money.
Posted Image

#22 Conscience

Conscience

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

That would be the best case senario. After Doan leaves after 1 year, go after Weber in the offseason with the money saved.
Dwight Schrute: Where is my desk?
Jim Halpert: That is weird.
Dwight Schrute: This is not funny. This is totally unprofessional.
Jim Halpert: Okay, well you're the one who lost the desk.
Dwight Schrute: I did not lose my desk!
Jim Halpert: Okay, calm down. Where was the last place you saw it?
Dwight Schrute: Okay, who moved my desk!
Jim Halpert: I think you should retrace your steps.

#23 mangosteens

mangosteens

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

This is like a mini Sundin saga.
Long time veteran of one team is considering moving to a new team. If the Canucks want him, they need to be patient and let things play out. Putting pressure or a deadline on Doan to make a decision would ensure we don't get him.
Doan knows the Canucks want him, the Canucks know Doan has interest in Vancouver if the Phoenix situation is not resolved.
Gillis and Gilman know what they are doing on this one.

#24 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,784 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Man if he signs with L.A.... I wouldn't even know what to say

#25 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Man if he signs with L.A.... I wouldn't even know what to say

Brown-Kopitar-Doan
Williams-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Gagne
Nolan-Fraser-King

:shock:
Posted Image

#26 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

That would be the best case senario. After Doan leaves after 1 year, go after Weber in the offseason with the money saved.

One year deal makes the most sense for Canucks, but the least sense for Doan, his family, and agent - they likely want a long-term guaranteed money in the bank contract. Think Doan wants to go through the whole UFA gong-show a year from now when he's a year older and likely worth less than he is now (simply due to age and wear/tear/lower offensive stats)? No, one year makes no sense for Doan at this point in his career and I'd be shocked to see Doan sign one-year anywhere including Van.

#27 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,165 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Really its coming down to the referendum. If the city holds a referendum, Doan is leaving. If they don't and Jamieson becomes owner, he'll re-sign.

I shout out to all residents of Phoenix, please run out and sign.

That's what aspect. It might be irrelvant as the citizens will get to vote on the sales tax that the City cooked up to pay for their contract with the Yotes. Candidates running in November do not support said tax. Highly unlikely the citizens will either. This doesn't sound good for hockey in PHX. Doan only signs if he has a leap of faith with the 'possible' new owner.

#28 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

DECIIIIIIDE"

Doan is waiting to let the organization regain a foothold in some level of constancy and reliability
Suter and Parise is waiting to see what team they can both sign in and make a crap ton of money.

It was reported that New Jersey put the same amount of money on the table as Minnesota and Parise decided to leave anyways.
Suter told Nashville that they were in the lead from the start and then signed elsewhere...

You tell me which one is more classy?

#29 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

That's what aspect. It might be irrelvant as the citizens will get to vote on the sales tax that the City cooked up to pay for their contract with the Yotes. Candidates running in November do not support said tax. Highly unlikely the citizens will either. This doesn't sound good for hockey in PHX. Doan only signs if he has a leap of faith with the 'possible' new owner.

Not to mention that Jamison doesn't even have the full amount of money needed to buy the team, and his previously willing investors are dropping like flies with all this uncertainty. Even if there is no referendum, Jamison is still going to have a challenge trying to get enough investors together to be able to buy the team, so this is far from resolved regardless of the petition/referendum.

#30 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Ummm, we have a reputation for being 'ratty and pompous' not because we are ratty and pompous, but because the CBC is corrupt and dishonest and have been slandering the Canucks since the Burrows/Auger incident!

Think about that for a moment. A referee INTENTIONALLY THREW A GAME. That's the wrost thing a ref could do (and it's grounds for a lifetime ban). But, did the CBC do the right thing? No, they're so far inside the NHL (and Toronto's) pocket, they immediately sided with the ref. Even though it was obvious that the ref was corrupt. Heck, there was video evidence even (and Burrows has never done anything dishonest before, so there was no reason to suspect he was lying, in fact, everything was pointing to him telling the truth).

Now, fast-forward to today. Burrows has been vindicated (the NHL ended the ref's career, but did it in such a way that they hid is transgressions, to prevent it being a bigger story).

Has the CBC ever appologized to our team (and especially Burrows)? No, they just keep slandering our team...

And, again, they are 100% in the wrong.
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.