The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] MA Gragnani to Carolina

The biggest part of the deal was Hodgson for Kassian. Hodgson wanted a trade. It made sense to get a young talented player for a young talented player and that's what we did.

MA Gragnani was a player Gillis wanted to give a try to see if he would fit. He didn't. Gillis does not have a crystal ball in front of him. You can tear apart any GM in the league for trying out players that did not work out. It happens.

Obviously a lot of people on CDC are going to be hypocrites about this. This thread is no exception.

Guys, give Kassian a try and forget the Sulzer part of the deal. He likely would not be on the team this year anyway.

Yup, what a total fail of a trade, Sulzer>>>>>>>>MAG, Hodson>>>>>>>>Kassian

I feel nucks lost their swagger after this ridonkulous trade. I was reeling after I heard it was announced.

what a joke, anyone who says Canucks won this trade needs to grab a clue.

I think Regier had pics of Gillis with Prostidudes.

But the only thing to do is move on and hope for the best. Gillis no more prostidudes!

Yup, what a total fail of a trade, Sulzer>>>>>>>>MAG, Hodson>>>>>>>>Kassian

I feel nucks lost their swagger after this ridonkulous trade. I was reeling after I heard it was announced.

what a joke, anyone who says Canucks won this trade needs to grab a clue.

I think Regier had pics of Gillis with Prostidudes.

But the only thing to do is move on and hope for the best. Gillis no more prostidudes!

I think Grags deserved a little more time but I think this move has a lot to do with picking up Garrison and leaving spots for prospects. He sure skated well and his first pass was always on the tape. Unfortunately that tape was often on the opponents stick. Still liked the offensive instincts.

Kind of sad to see him go, he has a lot of potential to be a big name in the game. In Buffalo he was allowed to play the way he wanted to play there, Vancouver is more laid back, wait and see, and wait and pass, and wait and wait which isn't his kind of game which is why he seemed lost roaming around the offensive zones. I don't think the rest of the team was used to that and just didn't give him credit for being there.

Good luck to him in Carolina!

I'll put my name on that list.

I've been against that trade since day 1 and i'm not gonna back down from saying it.

It was the wrong trade at the wrong time. I'd be happier with trading hodgson for a 1st rounder and then flip that for a useful player, or just maybe bring up a AHL prospect.

I highly encourage you to do that, about time there was some accountability worked into CDC.

You think MG wanted to trade an integral component of a president trophy calibre team in the middle of a great season? No, didn't think so. It is well documented that CH made MG trade him by being a distraction to the point that MG believed it was going to eventually harm the team - so he made the best deal possible. When a player causes disruptions (and I believe MG WAY above freaking whiner Gary Roberts) sometimes it's just about getting what you can for the asset and moving on.

i like him. He has a lot of potential. He is a great depth guy. He did score 1 goal for us against Calgary. He is a true offensive defenseman, which i think is what vancouver needs. A good smooth skating d man with the ability to pass the puck and shoot. Rright now i think Ballard is one of our best skating d men

Archived