The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Conservative attack ad

Kamero89

I hate how commercials/debates are all about politicians attacking other politicians. How about you tell us what you are going to do and how you're going to do it?!?

I watched my first two debates in the last two elections, and all it was was a handful of monkeys slinging feces at one another.

Seems to me that there was never any political advertising outside of election campaigns until Steven Harper got it started. There was always plenty of negative political ads during actual campaigns, that's fine by me, but since when did they start making these ads at random times in response to whatever was going on? I mean, the other party gets a new leader so we produce an expensive commercial trashing him? I swear this trend only got started in the past decade some time. These guys need to keep it to the campaign season.

in fairness, even the Prime Minister was a Reform Party policy guy, then one of the leadership guys in the CRA party, and finally found his opportunity with the newly minted Conservative Party, after Peter McKay promised at the leadership convention for the old PC party never to seek a merger with the reformers and as soon as he was made leader on that promise, went and merged into the CRAP that we see the floating remnants of today.

Go ahead and say I am biased, I am.

A few of you on here need to spend a little more time researching before you spout off on topics you are obviously either misinformed or ignorant of. Harpers affiliations with Reform then CRA then the Conservative party is not representative of a political change such as Rae from NDP to Liberal. Reform begat CRA which merged with an existing conservative party to form the present Conservative Party. It took no change of stripes or a political twostep to be in all three parties. Harper has consistently been a conservative within conservative parties unlike Mr. Mulcair and Mr. Rae who are the very definition of political opportunists.

As for my political stripes I tend to be a social lib and fiscal conservative. Again I shake my head at where BC seems to be heading. Every time the province starts to get its economic engines going, it elects a left leaning government and everything stalls again. It has become a nanny province and Vancouver economy shows that. If you want to work as a waiter or in some other service style industry then Van is a great place. If you want to make something or be slightly entrepreneurial then get the heck out.

A few of you on here need to spend a little more time researching before you spout off on topics you are obviously either misinformed or ignorant of. Harpers affiliations with Reform then CRA then the Conservative party is not representative of a political change such as Rae from NDP to Liberal. Reform begat CRA which merged with an existing conservative party to form the present Conservative Party. It took no change of stripes or a political twostep to be in all three parties. Harper has consistently been a conservative within conservative parties unlike Mr. Mulcair and Mr. Rae who are the very definition of political opportunists.

As for my political stripes I tend to be a social lib and fiscal conservative. Again I shake my head at where BC seems to be heading. Every time the province starts to get its economic engines going, it elects a left leaning government and everything stalls again. It has become a nanny province and Vancouver economy shows that. If you want to work as a waiter or in some other service style industry then Van is a great place. If you want to make something or be slightly entrepreneurial then get the heck out.

As for my political  stripes I tend to be a social lib and fiscal conservative. Again I shake my head at where BC seems to be heading. Every time the province starts to get its economic engines going, it elects a left leaning government and everything stalls again. It has become a nanny province and Vancouver economy shows that. If you want to work as a waiter or in some other service style industry then Van is a great place. If you want to make something or be slightly entrepreneurial then get the heck out.

No i do not think I could have been more condescending. Your history of Reform, CRA is correct and highlights the fact that through the history the politics were coming servative albeit divided regionally. Thanks for the support. As for Mulcair, he spent 13 years with the QLP. Hardly a left leaning party. QLP was always slightly right of center in Quebec. bottom line even for me is that the political dance from NDP to Liberal or vice versa is more difficult than from Reform to Conservative.

As for provincial parties not reflecting their federal namesakes you are correct. It is laughable however that BC elected a conservative government which ran under the liberal banner and now people complain they are too conservative. But all this is for naught as it appears that once again the people of BC will cut off their noses to spite their faces and elect an NDPgovernment next year and chase all the business away. As I have said, the province should have it all economically. Thankfully for BC Calgarians could to help to vacation there and spend our money. Thanks to all you who serve our meals and keep our hotel rooms clean. We will continue ue to tip well.

No i do not think I could have been more condescending. Your history of Reform, CRA is correct and highlights the fact that through the history the politics were coming servative albeit divided regionally. Thanks for the support. As for Mulcair, he spent 13 years with the QLP. Hardly a left leaning party. QLP was always slightly right of center in Quebec. bottom line even for me is that the political dance from NDP to Liberal or vice versa is more difficult than from Reform to Conservative.

As for provincial parties not reflecting their federal namesakes you are correct. It is laughable however that BC elected a conservative government which ran under the liberal banner and now people complain they are too conservative. But all this is for naught as it appears that once again the people of BC will cut off their noses to spite their faces and elect an NDPgovernment next year and chase all the business away. As I have said, the province should have it all economically. Thankfully for BC Calgarians could to help to vacation there and spend our money. Thanks to all you who serve our meals and keep our hotel rooms clean. We will continue ue to tip well.

No i  do not think I could have been more condescending. Your history of Reform, CRA is correct and highlights the fact that through the history the politics were coming servative albeit divided regionally. Thanks for the support. As for Mulcair, he spent 13 years with the QLP. Hardly a left leaning party. QLP was always slightly right of center in Quebec. bottom line even for me is that the political dance from NDP to Liberal or vice versa is more difficult than from Reform to Conservative.

As for provincial parties not reflecting their federal namesakes  you are correct. It is laughable however that BC elected a conservative government which ran under the liberal banner and now people complain they are too conservative. But all this is for naught as it appears that once again the people of BC will cut off their noses to spite their faces and elect an NDPgovernment next year and chase all the business away. As I have said, the province should have it all economically. Thankfully for BC Calgarians could to help to vacation there and spend our money. Thanks to all you who serve our meals and keep our hotel rooms clean. We will continue ue to tip well.

Epic that no one actually discussed the video itself instead of bickering instead. And people wonder why we get the politics we get...

P.S. The video has a point. The productive economy of Alberta is not a disease, it's one of the few genuine economic engines in the country! If there's a disease it's the subsidized unproductive union dominated industry of the east that can't compete on the global stage anymore even WITH the government doing it's utmost to keep the Canadian dollar low.....

Epic that no one actually discussed the video itself instead of bickering instead. And people wonder why we get the politics we get...

P.S. The video has a point. The productive economy of Alberta is not a disease, it's one of the few genuine economic engines in the country! If there's a disease it's the subsidized unproductive union dominated industry of the east that can't compete on the global stage anymore even WITH the government doing it's utmost to keep the Canadian dollar low.....

Thank you!!!

Ontario benefited for decades with a low Canadian dollar that compensated for poor productivity.  They also benefited from Trudeau's energy policy that kept the east humming while it almost bankrupted Alberta. Now that they are on a level playing field, they can't compete and are blaming Alberta.  Not all, mind you as there are hundreds of businesses in Ontario and Quebec that are profiting big time off the Alberta and Saskatchewan resource development.

And what will happen when the oil sands run out or oil prices fall? History has shown that an economy based on one single resource is not sustainable. Don't beleive me, ask the people of Powell River or Port Alberni how relying on the lumber industry is going for them. Yes, Alberta's economy is doing well now but talk to me in 15 years and lets see how well they are doing. Alberta's economy is not sustainable and should NOT be the model for the rest of Canada.

And what will happen when the oil sands run out or oil prices fall? History has shown that an economy based on one single resource is not sustainable. Don't beleive me, ask the people of Powell River or Port Alberni how relying on the lumber industry is going for them. Yes, Alberta's economy is doing well now but talk to me in 15 years and lets see how well they are doing. Alberta's economy is not sustainable and should NOT be the model for the rest of Canada.

Archived