The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone can score with the Sedins. . . .

pistolpro327

So we need to put Burrows with Kesler.

The Sedins are very smart and could easily turn Hansen or Booth into a 25+ goal scorer long as either of them gets consistent ice time with the twins. I almost think the best option would be Booth so at least we would be putting him in the best position possible to earn his high salary.

Burrows and Kesler need to be reunited. These guys have shown throughout their whole careers that they play very well together. Both have been within the canucks system whether nhl or in the farm system right from the start of their NHL careers.

I see these guys[kesler and burrows] both as great energy and heart players who are very smart with a lot of options to throw as their 2nd winger - Kassian, Higgins, Raymond or Hansen/Booth[depending on which one gets to play with the twins.]

Not only will Burrows and Kesler be a GREAT shutdown line, they now both are huge distractions on offense to their opposing teams which will help, Kassian, Hansen and even Raymond excel/develop on a line with them[kesler and burrows].

Any of those three players[raymond,hansen,kassian] can learn a lot of great things while playing on a line with two guys[kesler and burrows] who both have a very strong desire to play to the best of their abilities as well as very strong desires to win.

Sedins-Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian/Raymond

Higgins-Lappierre-Hansen

Pretty solid top 9 if you ask me. Just get a/some good skating physical forwards in our goalie trade or even a top 6 winger to solidify the burrows/kesler line even further and I think we have a great team going forward with a lot of options.

Yeah I'm bored.

I think Alex Burrows plays a North South game that enhances the Twins game. He also understands them and can anticipate their plays. He is great on the fore check as well.

I think the second line is a tangled mess at this point. The only sure thing is Ryan Kesler will be on it when he comes back.

Until then who knows. I guess we will find out in training camp.

Anyone can score with the Sedins, yes. But not everyone can play with the Sedins without holding them back. Burrows plays well with the Sedins. If a better option comes along then sure, move things around. Right now Bur with the Twins makes the most sense 89% of the time.

So we need to put Burrows with Kesler.

The Sedins are very smart and could easily turn Hansen or Booth into a 25+ goal scorer long as either of them gets consistent ice time with the twins. I almost think the best option would be Booth so at least we would be putting him in the best position possible to earn his high salary.

Burrows and Kesler need to be reunited. These guys have shown throughout their whole careers that they play very well together. Both have been within the canucks system whether nhl or in the farm system right from the start of their NHL careers.

I see these guys[kesler and burrows] both as great energy and heart players who are very smart with a lot of options to throw as their 2nd winger - Kassian, Higgins, Raymond or Hansen/Booth[depending on which one gets to play with the twins.]

Not only will Burrows and Kesler be a GREAT shutdown line, they now both are huge distractions on offense to their opposing teams which will help, Kassian, Hansen and even Raymond excel/develop on a line with them[kesler and burrows].

Any of those three players[raymond,hansen,kassian] can learn a lot of great things while playing on a line with two guys[kesler and burrows] who both have a very strong desire to play to the best of their abilities as well as very strong desires to win.

Sedins-Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian/Raymond

Higgins-Lappierre-Hansen

Pretty solid top 9 if you ask me. Just get a/some good skating physical forwards in our goalie trade or even a top 6 winger to solidify the burrows/kesler line even further and I think we have a great team going forward with a lot of options.

Yeah I'm bored.

CDCers have such a short memory

Remember the revolving door of wingers the Sedins had before Burrows ws put on the line. Burrows has finally provided a steady presence for the Sedins and helped them move from being merly good players to being a superstar. Burrows often doesn't get enough credit for the points he gets cause he plays with the Sedins so they must make him better, the fact is I think Burrows helped make the Sedins better.

I actually would'nt mind seeing Burrows and Kesler re-united. Burrows might be that type

of player that Kesler needs to give his offensive game a spark. Burrows has the grit, energy

and speed to keep up with Kesler. Plus Burrows has the offensive awarness and is defensively

responsible so Kesler would'nt have to worry about the part of his game.

Can I score with them? I always liked the idea of swedish twins just never pictured them to be 6 feet + dudes, more like 5'9" bikini models with large breasts, but hey beggars can't be choosers.

yes to burrows, kes and raymond. great chemistry in the past.

as for the twins, they played well with hanson. he had hands, and played thier style. he also added a bit more speed to their game. not that bur is slow, he just plays slower with the twins.

booth is too much like kes to play with him and that style does not seem to go well with the twins game.

Burrows is the perfect guy for the Sedins. Once the Sedins have the puck it is just a matter of reading them and getting open but, because of their lack of physicality and weak fore-checking ability, Burrows helps a ton by being the guy to retrieve loose pucks and recover dump-ins. He can also finish and is the guy on the line who is going to back-check in the event of a turnover. He is a great fit for that line. If I was to try anybody else it would be Kassian.

Lol at everyone talking about the revolving door. . .

Pyatt scored like 25 goals with them didnt he? not even in a full season...

Anson carter? 33 or something like that? ? lol . . . . .

Booth would easily excel as their linemate and I also think Hansen could fit in their perfectly with his physical ability and good skating. The sedins could teach both some great things and I dont think it would take long for either of them to adapt to their style of play.

It was a revolving door only because the coach didn't have much options for other lines so it was a mess trying to balance the lineup back then. We now have some great players in our lineup and our guys have developed their game ALOT over the years which leads me to believe that burrows off the top line would not hurt our lineup at all.

Archived