Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pistolpro327

Anyone can score with the Sedins. . . .

Not to mention Jason King had a nice streak with the Sedins way back in the day. They have tried so many players on that right wing over the past few years but IMO Burrows has been the best. He just creates so many turnovers and gets them the puck so often. I think they should continue on with Kesler and Booth together, they showed awesome chemistry in spurts last year but injuries messed things up.

If Burrows and the Sedins go through a slump or something then put Kassian with them, a big right handed powerforward with skill is the perfect player to play with them (aside from Burrows).

But for now just keep Burr with them, don't mess with a good thing.

I think Alex Burrows plays a North South game that enhances the Twins game. He also understands them and can anticipate their plays. He is great on the fore check as well.

I think the second line is a tangled mess at this point. The only sure thing is Ryan Kesler will be on it when he comes back.

Until then who knows. I guess we will find out in training camp.

I agree, Kassian could be a good alternative look for that line to mix things up. I don't see Booth being the right guy for that job and I wouldn't want to split up Hansen and Higgins, they are great together on the 3rd line.

Back in 2005-2006 Anson Carter played with the Sedins and had a total of 55 points, Burrows has only had more points than that 1 year back in 2009-2010 with 67 points. I'll say Burrows in my opinion knows how to play with the Sedins the best, he knows how to read them very well, which benefits him a lot and the Sedins. Just it is true though who ever plays with the Sedins will put up points, and it's hard and takes time for a new player to fit with the Sedins, but once they do it helps out a lot. Burrows was never known to be a natural goal scorer, and the Sedins have helped make Burrows into a much better player then what he was projected to be. I just think if the Sedins were given an actual natural goal scorer, and were given the time to develop him into their chemistry, that player would benefit a lot from the Sedins and why I think Booth would be a good choice, but it is something that would take some time to build that chemistry, that Burrows has built so well with the Sedins.

Maybe things have changed, but I remember before Burrows came along, we were having a hard time finding someone who had good chemistry with the Sedins. The team went through many wingers and there was an endless debate on who could play with them.

We need toughness on every line to succeed.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Pinizzotto

The question is two-fold: which player would have the largest points gain from being paired with the Sedins, and which player would help the Sedins increase their point totals as well instead of just sponging off them. Burrows does a good job in both these categories as compared to Samuelsson, whose points didn't drop much when moved to the 2nd line.

Someone could surprise, but within out roster I don't see anyone who is quite as good a fit as Burrows for the Sedins.

I say put Jensen with the sedins, I've got a good feeling that it will work out, and quickly.

While Kesler and Burrows play well together, they don't play well as a scoring line. They're dynamic is more of an "in your face" checking line. I actually really liked the Burrows, Henrik, Lapierre line. Never understood why AV didn't continue using this line in the playoffs when Daniel was injured. Kesler isn't enough of a playmaker to utilize the strengths of a linemate like Burrows. I have no doubt that re-uniting Kesler with Burrows would be effective (last year in the playoffs the Burrows-Kesler-Lapierre line was great) but that wasn't a scoring line. It was a checking and grinding line.