The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone can score with the Sedins. . . .

pistolpro327

Burrows is the perfect guy for the Sedins. Once the Sedins have the puck it is just a matter of reading them and getting open but, because of their lack of physicality and weak fore-checking ability, Burrows helps a ton by being the guy to retrieve loose pucks and recover dump-ins. He can also finish and is the guy on the line who is going to back-check in the event of a turnover. He is a great fit for that line. If I was to try anybody else it would be Kassian.

So we need to put Burrows with Kesler.

The Sedins are very smart and could easily turn Hansen or Booth into a 25+ goal scorer long as either of them gets consistent ice time with the twins. I almost think the best option would be Booth so at least we would be putting him in the best position possible to earn his high salary.

Burrows and Kesler need to be reunited. These guys have shown throughout their whole careers that they play very well together. Both have been within the canucks system whether nhl or in the farm system right from the start of their NHL careers.

I see these guys[kesler and burrows] both as great energy and heart players who are very smart with a lot of options to throw as their 2nd winger - Kassian, Higgins, Raymond or Hansen/Booth[depending on which one gets to play with the twins.]

Not only will Burrows and Kesler be a GREAT shutdown line, they now both are huge distractions on offense to their opposing teams which will help, Kassian, Hansen and even Raymond excel/develop on a line with them[kesler and burrows].

Any of those three players[raymond,hansen,kassian] can learn a lot of great things while playing on a line with two guys[kesler and burrows] who both have a very strong desire to play to the best of their abilities as well as very strong desires to win.

Sedins-Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian/Raymond

Higgins-Lappierre-Hansen

Pretty solid top 9 if you ask me. Just get a/some good skating physical forwards in our goalie trade or even a top 6 winger to solidify the burrows/kesler line even further and I think we have a great team going forward with a lot of options.

Yeah I'm bored.

I don't think we need Rick Nash. But imagine the numbers the line would put up with him there...

Anyways. Burrows needs to be on that line for as long as they click. Don't mess with good chemistry as long as it's there. Besides, putting Burrows besides Kesler on LTIR will not be approved by the league, me thinks. :P

If things are not working and AV is thinking of juggling lines, he should always put Burr with Kes and someone from the bottom six with the Sedins. Maybe Kassian when we're boxed out? Or Raymond if we're looking for speed? Someone that fits the need at that moment.

I'd rather see a big body like Bitz or Kassian play with the twins in the playoffs, or maybe even Booth. Hansen should get a shot too. This way we have 3 legit scoring lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Bitz/Weise

That's a scary top-9, heck even the 4th line can put up 35 goals.

Anyone can score with them, but not everyone can on a consistent basis.

Bitz was tried there, and he had a successful game but after that he cooled down with the twins.

Even Pyatt was there for awhile and Bernier and they both didn't have a whole lot of success.

AV should keep Burrows there, as he's the best fit. Burrows compliments everything the Sedins do.

Although I do see a lot of line juggling coming along with Kesler's injury.

Archived