The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone can score with the Sedins. . . .

pistolpro327

I like the idea of Kassian with the twins. AV needs to say, "this is your spot. don't sweat potting a point a game, points will come. work hard every shift and stick up for your linemates". pretty quick points will start coming, and burrows will be helping the 2nd line.

Not just anyone can play with the Twins. Theres only been 2 guys who really worked well with them and Anson Carter took off when he wanted more money. Burrows, on the other hand, signs for a huge discount to continue to play for the team. I have no problems with Burrows on the first line. He's been golden for us so far.

If Burrows and the Sedins go through a slump or something then put Kassian with them, a big right handed powerforward with skill is the perfect player to play with them (aside from Burrows).

But for now just keep Burr with them, don't mess with a good thing.

Ya well it's not like my Avatar + Sig make me seem biased in anyway... :bigblush:

But I have a feeling he may fit there, maybe hes not rady yet, but that skillset, Size, Speed, Skill, Toughness, Right handed shot, I like the idea of having that package with them.

I don't think we should go for it right away or anything but if things go south and the Sedins struggle again it might be worth a shot. Atleast it's not Raymond playing there.

(And out of our young players I like Schroeder better than Kass btw ::D )

Why would we change Burrows again? For the sake of it? I'm not convinced. Burrows/Henrik had a total of 3 goals in the last playoffs, all our other forwards COMBINED scored 2 goals. While those aren't sparkling numbers for 5 games for Burrows/Henrik, they didn't have Daniel for a lot of that time.

Our problem was secondary scoring from our other forwards. It's completely false that "anyone can score with the Sedins", and anyone who watched the Sedins over the years knows there was a revolving door of players on their line for a very long time. Sure a guy like Bitz and Hansen can play on that line for a while, but they have far from proven they can score on a consistent basis over long stretches like Burrows can with the Sedins. The only other guy who could do it was Anson Carter and he's long gone, so...

Unless we get someone like Doan or Semin which I somewhat doubt, I really don't see the point in moving Burrows off the line.

Keep Burrows with the twins. It's easy to say put so-and-so with the twins, but with some plug as the other winger, they have been fairly predictable. With Burrows as a legitimate threat, he has to be well-covered as well, and this allows the Sedins that extra bit of time and space that they thrive on.

The only other current Canuck I would put with the twins is Kassian. It's all about creating space, having good hands to put home the rebounds, and get to loose pucks.

Archived