The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Glendale votes NO on new tax initiative. Doan likely to go on market

While in Seattle last week, they were talking about the new arena deal on the news. It's apparently over one of the initiatives in the deal. Anyone know anything about it? It comes down to how quickly they can get the shovels in the ground, before they get the NBA, let alone an NHL franchise. BUT, they do want both, in order to get the funding is my understanding.

I would take QC, I don't know alot about Seatle's situation but Quebec has an Arena on the way, and they also have the boxes sold out, so the arena (once built to NHL Standards) will be 100% ready to go.

And for Ownership they have media giant Quebecor.

All the pieces seem to be coming into place.

seattle is close to having their ground breaking, basically as soon as a team is coming the work will start. the only resistance right now is the port of seattle claiming the traffic might be too heavy, but they already submitted reports stating otherwise (the arena would, for the most part, be used at different times than the baseball and football stadiums). and with the CEO of Microsoft, and the 2 owners of Nordstroms backing the bid, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

Archived