Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Glendale votes NO on new tax initiative. Doan likely to go on market

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Last I checked Seattle loses teams.

And the Nordiques still play in le colisee?

#32 RXnucks975

RXnucks975

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

The nordiques say Quoi?

#33 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Doan is looking for reasons to stay, not reasons to leave. If the team has any stability at all then he'll remain a desert dog. He's a UFA regardless, but his intentions are to remain unless the franchise remains as unstable as it has for the past few years.

Yeah I know all that.

zackass.png

#34 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Funny, last I checked, Quebec loses teams...

#35 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Funny, last I checked, Quebec loses teams...

Whatever, they have the Habs
Posted Image

#36 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Whatever, they have the Habs

and seattle still has the seahawks and mariners... what's your point?

also, QC has no one, which is clearly the subject, not the entire province, just the city.

#37 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Brooklyn has a better chance than Seattle. Brooklyn now has a greater population then Manhattan.

Edited by GHL, 12 July 2012 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

#38 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

lmao @ like 3 people saying the same obvious answer

good job

Edited by cIutch, 12 July 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Posted Image

#39 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Brooklyn has a better chance than Seattle. Brooklyn now has a greater population then Manhattan.

Seriously? Holy crap!
Posted Image

#40 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

and seattle still has the seahawks and mariners... what's your point?

also, QC has no one, which is clearly the subject, not the entire province, just the city.

I would take QC, I don't know alot about Seatle's situation but Quebec has an Arena on the way, and they also have the boxes sold out, so the arena (once built to NHL Standards) will be 100% ready to go.

And for Ownership they have media giant Quebecor.

All the pieces seem to be coming into place.

zackass.png

#41 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

While in Seattle last week, they were talking about the new arena deal on the news. It's apparently over one of the initiatives in the deal. Anyone know anything about it? It comes down to how quickly they can get the shovels in the ground, before they get the NBA, let alone an NHL franchise. BUT, they do want both, in order to get the funding is my understanding.

#42 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

I would take QC, I don't know alot about Seatle's situation but Quebec has an Arena on the way, and they also have the boxes sold out, so the arena (once built to NHL Standards) will be 100% ready to go.

And for Ownership they have media giant Quebecor.

All the pieces seem to be coming into place.

Seattle isn't chopped liver though, they've got things underway as well.

#43 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Seattle isn't chopped liver though, they've got things underway as well.

Yeah I know, that's why I said I don't know much about there situation, but It seems to me like Quebec is much closer to having a team.

zackass.png

#44 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

I can only see the Islanders going to Brooklyn at this point... like really... 4 NYC metro teams? At least the Islanders are in an aged arena, and can have the NBA's Nets as a co-tenant.

10055118.jpg

You don't understand anything, man. Leave your stupid comments in your pocket

#45 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Seriously? Holy crap!

I can only see the Islanders going to Brooklyn at this point... like really... 4 NYC metro teams? At least the Islanders are in an aged arena, and can have the NBA's Nets as a co-tenant.

Brooklyn is on long island... and they just built a new building, but it's too small for a NHL team. the only way brooklyn is getting a team in the islanders moving 25 miles west into a smaller, but newer, building (and technically, they already have a team in the Islanders).

https://maps.google....&oi=local_group

Edited by avelanch, 13 July 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#46 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Yeah I know, that's why I said I don't know much about there situation, but It seems to me like Quebec is much closer to having a team.

seattle is close to having their ground breaking, basically as soon as a team is coming the work will start. the only resistance right now is the port of seattle claiming the traffic might be too heavy, but they already submitted reports stating otherwise (the arena would, for the most part, be used at different times than the baseball and football stadiums). and with the CEO of Microsoft, and the 2 owners of Nordstroms backing the bid, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

#47 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

I think Quebec will get a fanchise before Seattle. I also feel that the Islanders will build a new stadium in the next few years.
Posted Image

#48 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

seattle is close to having their ground breaking, basically as soon as a team is coming the work will start. the only resistance right now is the port of seattle claiming the traffic might be too heavy, but they already submitted reports stating otherwise (the arena would, for the most part, be used at different times than the baseball and football stadiums). and with the CEO of Microsoft, and the 2 owners of Nordstroms backing the bid, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

Yeah both area's seem ready.

Imo Quebec seems more ready since they already have the Arena approved and underway.

And personally I would like to see Quebec get a team back, having Seattle would be really nice for us Nuck's fans but as a Canadian I would like to see another Canadian team, and I feel for them since Winnipeg got there team back and they haven't.

I would hate for us to loose our team, and I can only imagine how they feel. I just would like them to get there team back, they deserve it, especially for all the crap they went through when they had there team. Like the Lindros saga, and then seeing that team go to Colorado and win the cup then next year must have been heartbreaking to say the least (although I know Quebec wouldn't have got Roy but still)

zackass.png

#49 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

the only problem is I don't see betteman allowing canada to get another team so quickly, though I hope I'm wrong.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.