Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Starbucks to open inside funeral home

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Coffins & Coffee: Starbucks to Open Inside Upstate Funeral Home

EASLEY, SC -- Those grieving the dearly departed at Robinson Funeral Home in Easley will soon have a little something extra to soothe the pain: a cup of Starbucks' joe.

The fourth-generation funeral home and crematory is adding a new section to its existing facilities which includes business offices, a chapel, and a special wing aptly named "Coffee Corner," where soon a Starbucks will open.

The owner, Chris Robinson, explains how coffee has always been part of the family business, saying his great-grandfather started the funeral home inside a main street general store, where people would gather and drink coffee.

Robinson, who's a bit worried people will get the wrong idea about the coffee shop, says it's simply one more service for people to choose, but one that's certainly not mandatory.
"You walk in the front, and it's off to the side," Robinson said. "It's not like it's right up front."
Robinson has hired staff to run the Starbucks franchise which will be open to the public, not just to those attending services.

Starbucks will install equipment and menus at the end of July, and Robinson expects the shop to open sometime in August.
If funeral-goers worry about not getting free cups of coffee at visitations and other services, fear not, the owner says.

"We'll still have the homemade Robinson coffee, too," he said.
The Robinson Starbucks will be the first in Easley, but because it's not a full-sized store, they're not allowed to put Starbucks' signage on the building's exterior as part of the agreement with the coffee giant.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/jul/11/coffins-coffee-starbucks-open-inside-upstate-funer-ar-4113443/

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#2 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Perfect! A latte in honour of the lately departed.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 11 July 2012 - 06:18 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#3 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Its about time!
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#4 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,343 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Their prices are a killer

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#5 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Well if that won't wake 'em up, nothing will....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#6 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Their prices are a killer

"I don't always drink coffee BUT when I do I prefer Tim Hortons"
Posted Image

#7 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#8 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Guy would do better business if it was a bar.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.