The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft 2003

Justdean10

Wow. Kesler 11?? It's mind boggling how overrated this guy is!! I'd take like 17 of those guys you have rated after 11th before Kesler. We seem to draft fairly poorly, but drafting must be so difficult, drafting's like a box of chocolate. You never know what your gonna geey eet.

Wow. Kesler 11?? It's mind boggling how overrated this guy is!! I'd take like 17 of those guys you have rated after 11th before Kesler. We seem to draft fairly poorly, but drafting must be so difficult, drafting's like a box of chocolate. You never know what your gonna geey eet.

The 2003 draft was a terrific year. So many of the players in that draft went on to become NHL superstars, not just average NHL players.

I think the 2008 draft will be a little comparable to the 2003 draft in about 3-5 years when the rest of the 08'ers fully establish their game.

2008 Notables :

Steven Stamkos

Drew Doughty

Zach Bogosian

Alex Pietragenlo

Luke Schenn

Colin Wilson

Cody Hodgson

Tyler Myers

Erik Karlsson

Jake Gardiner

Michael Del Zotto

Jordan Eberle

John Carlson

Jacob Markstrom (Florida's future #1 goalie)

Justin Schultz

Derek Stepan

Adam Henrique

Anders Lindback

Definitely not as star-studded as the 2003 draft, but one of the better draft years in recent times for sure.

Howard has been terrible. He's been decent in regular season but he's a playoff choker. Won't get them very far. Now with Lidstrom gone, he's probably going to be even worse. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the top 10. Could end up like Manny Legace if he doesn't step it up.

Brian Elliot is another one, who can't play under pressure. Overrated for sure.

I'd have Halak over both of them, pretty damn easily.

Howard has been terrible. He's been decent in regular season but he's a playoff choker. Won't get them very far. Now with Lidstrom gone, he's probably going to be even worse. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the top 10. Could end up like Manny Legace if he doesn't step it up.

Brian Elliot is another one, who can't play under pressure. Overrated for sure.

I'd have Halak over both of them, pretty damn easily.

Archived