The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

a line up I have been thinking about

savagespeaks

Firstly, did we just trade Luongo away for nothing? There is no way we cap-dump Lu, if we trade him we're getting a solid top-4 defenceman and a 3rd line center back.

Secondly, why make Hansen play center on a team full of them?

Thirdly, if we do get Doan I want him with the Sedins. Burrows struggled with the twins late in the season, and Doan is essentially a tougher, bigger, more skilled Burrows so I'd rather have this:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Burrows and Higgins are interchangeable, as are Raymond and Hansen.

If Doan signs with the Canucks i want him with the Sedins. I have had enough of them being pushed and slapped around and disrespected buy every prick in the league including the officials. Doan gives this line immediate respect and an after the whisle presence that Burrows just cant do.

okay, so with the doan talk, here is a line up i came up with in my brain today i really liked

Sedins Burrows

Doan Kesler Kassian

Booth Hansen Higgins (i know no real center but center can be trained)

Lappy Malhotra Raymond

Hammer Juice

Edler Garrison

Tanev Ballard

Schneider

Huet (SIGN HIM, 2 years for Lack to progress)

i really like the second line, it would be a line feared through out the league.

I know the Canucks 'could' get Doan off the UFA market, but so could 29 other teams, and he is 35...putting Doan aside for a moment, the idea of training a center...you should watch the 300 frames per second video of I think it was Edler who scored, but the part you should watch is the faceoff at the start...the video is somewhere on CDC mainpage, watch what Kesler does in the first second of the faceoff. You can't 'teach' that to someone who is in their 20's and already an NHL player...sure they can all stand in the circle and they can all try to get the puck as it is dropped to the ice, but you can't train a successful centerman to perform at the NHL level if they aren't a natural centerman with years of experience doing so.

I suspect you got the idea from the reports out of Maple Leaf country where they want to slot Van Reimsdyke into center..a position he has at least a couple years experience at in junior and the minors. That is a totally different story than taking a random winger and making him a centerman. I don't think this will happen, at least not in a way that the winger would be relied upon to take faceoffs on a regular basis.

okay, so with the doan talk, here is a line up i came up with in my brain today i really liked

Sedins Burrows

Doan Kesler Kassian

Booth Hansen Higgins (i know no real center but center can be trained)

Lappy Malhotra Raymond

Hammer Juice

Edler Garrison

Tanev Ballard

Schneider

Huet (SIGN HIM, 2 years for Lack to progress)

i really like the second line, it would be a line feared through out the league.

October to December (assuming roster is as of 07/12/12):

D. Sedin -- H. Sedin -- A. Burrows: continuity and proven history (19 mpg)

D. Booth -- C. Higgins -- J. Hansen: size, speed and experience (16 mpg)

M. Raymond -- M. Malhotra -- M. Lapierre: shut down line? size (Manny/Max) and speed (Mase) (16 mpg)

N. Jensen -- J. Schroeder -- Z. Kassian: kid line to gain NHL experience. Will cost us 10 points in standing though (9 mpg)

A. Volpatti -- A. Ebbett -- D. Wiese

December and beyond:

D. Sedin -- H. Sedin -- A. Burrows

D. Booth -- R. Kesler -- C. Higgins

M. Malhotra -- M. Lapierre -- J. Hansen

N. Jensen -- J. Schroeder -- Z. Kassian

A. Volpatti -- A. Ebbett -- D. Wiese

I think at the time of Kesler's return, Raymond will have done enough to show that he is worthy of acquiring for a trade partner of the Canucks. At this time, I believe his trade value is very low, so he would be an afterthought, or a throw-in on a deal (which does not serve Canucks needs very well at this time).

Presuming Luongo trade takes place, which hopefully will by the start of training camp, I would hope that we receive a second line centre and a prospect (at the very least). Then it provides the team more flexibility in the line up and the opportunity to move either Malhotra (low value in a trade) or Lapierre (higher value than Malhotra and entering UFA) when Kesler returns.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I believe that this is the season where prospects (maybe a little premature on Jensen, but valid for Schroeder and Kassian) have to be given a legitimate chance to succeed or fail in the NHL. I say this because we have one year of NW Division dominance left, and losing 10 points from the standings (which I think is a real possibility with a kid line) would still give us a good chance of winning the division and seeding third for the playoffs.

If we sign Doan:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

______ - Malhotra - Kassian

Ebbet

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - ______

Alberts, Tanev

Schneider

Lack

Trade Raymond and pieces for a defenseman to play with Ballard. Whoever out of Weise, Volpatti, Pinizotto, etc wil play on the 4th line.

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Weiss-Hansen

Volpatti-LaPierre-Kassian

Pinnozzoto + Bitz+ Random Superthug

Hahuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Gudbranson

Alberts/Tanev

if Lu goes to Florida maybe Raymond joins him and we take a weiss and gudbranson back. we need some size back there, at least another 1-2 horses with mean streaks 6"3 225lbs +

Archived