Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

a line up I have been thinking about

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

October to December (assuming roster is as of 07/12/12):

D. Sedin -- H. Sedin -- A. Burrows: continuity and proven history (19 mpg)
D. Booth -- C. Higgins -- J. Hansen: size, speed and experience (16 mpg)
M. Raymond -- M. Malhotra -- M. Lapierre: shut down line? size (Manny/Max) and speed (Mase) (16 mpg)
N. Jensen -- J. Schroeder -- Z. Kassian: kid line to gain NHL experience. Will cost us 10 points in standing though (9 mpg)
A. Volpatti -- A. Ebbett -- D. Wiese

December and beyond:

D. Sedin -- H. Sedin -- A. Burrows
D. Booth -- R. Kesler -- C. Higgins
M. Malhotra -- M. Lapierre -- J. Hansen
N. Jensen -- J. Schroeder -- Z. Kassian
A. Volpatti -- A. Ebbett -- D. Wiese

I think at the time of Kesler's return, Raymond will have done enough to show that he is worthy of acquiring for a trade partner of the Canucks. At this time, I believe his trade value is very low, so he would be an afterthought, or a throw-in on a deal (which does not serve Canucks needs very well at this time).

Presuming Luongo trade takes place, which hopefully will by the start of training camp, I would hope that we receive a second line centre and a prospect (at the very least). Then it provides the team more flexibility in the line up and the opportunity to move either Malhotra (low value in a trade) or Lapierre (higher value than Malhotra and entering UFA) when Kesler returns.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I believe that this is the season where prospects (maybe a little premature on Jensen, but valid for Schroeder and Kassian) have to be given a legitimate chance to succeed or fail in the NHL. I say this because we have one year of NW Division dominance left, and losing 10 points from the standings (which I think is a real possibility with a kid line) would still give us a good chance of winning the division and seeding third for the playoffs.

#32 Shoreline74

Shoreline74

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

At Raymond's price tag, he can't afford to be sitting in the press box me thinks.

I was just about to say. Give Raymond a chance. I would prefer him over Volpatti.

#33 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Our middle is going to be really weak until Kesler comes back, i hope an actual offence threat takes his spot until than......Schroeder or a trade. Coho would probably get more ice team here than in Buffalo this season.

#34 Canuckaidian

Canuckaidian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

We didn't re-sign Raymond so he can sit in the pressbox. Especially when AV loves him.

We signed him...

#35 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

If we sign Doan:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
______ - Malhotra - Kassian
Ebbet

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - ______
Alberts, Tanev

Schneider
Lack

Trade Raymond and pieces for a defenseman to play with Ballard. Whoever out of Weise, Volpatti, Pinizotto, etc wil play on the 4th line.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#36 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Doan
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Weiss-Hansen
Volpatti-LaPierre-Kassian
Pinnozzoto + Bitz+ Random Superthug

Hahuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Gudbranson
Alberts/Tanev

if Lu goes to Florida maybe Raymond joins him and we take a weiss and gudbranson back. we need some size back there, at least another 1-2 horses with mean streaks 6"3 225lbs +

Edited by D.J Ball, 12 July 2012 - 05:39 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#37 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Rumor has it if Lack is in the AHL again he's going to Sweden

I have seen that Jensen would play in Europe if he can't play in NHL because he didn't want to play juniors anymore but haven't seen anything about Lack. It would be a big loss to the wolves and even worse if Schnieder is injured.

#38 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,432 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

At Raymond's price tag, he can't afford to be sitting in the press box me thinks.

That's the friggin problem. Too many guys like that. One should be traded.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#39 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

We signed him...

I think you didn't quite understand what I was saying...

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#40 Philipp0130

Philipp0130

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

Sedin Sedin Doan
Burrows Kesler Kassian
Booth Lapierre Hansen
Volpatti Malhotra Higgins
Pinizotto Weise

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.