The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikael Samuelsson puts a lot of the blame on Alex Burrows for Canucks cup loss

topbananas

http://www.hockeysve...rticle/13313156

Interview translated into English

Hoped that Detroit wanted me "Samuelsson longed for Hockey TownHe left the Detroit Red Wings as a free agent 2009th Earlier this month, Mikael Samuelsson took the same route back to the club he became Stanley Cup champions in 2008. For hockeysverige.se he reveals that it was the plan all along. - Detroit wanted me and that was exactly what I wanted, says Samuelsson.One of our most experienced NHL players are sörmlänningen Mikael Samuelsson, 35. He made his debut for the San Jose Sharks are already the season 2000/01. Since then he has played 669 NHL games and it made 342 points for the Sharks, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Florida Panthers, Detroit Red Wings and Vancouver Canucks.

Last year began Samuelsson of the Vancouver Canucks and then end it in the Florida Panthers. When the NHL starts up next season, he left the sun and heat in Florida behind. New old address will be in place Detroit, which is his seventh klubbyte in twelve seasons. - First, is there a difference if you get trejdad during the season, or now when I switch to Detroit two seasons.

During the season, everything is going so fast. Especially that last year when the change was also one of the longest one can do in the NHL, laughing Mikael Samuelsson when hockeysverige.se get a chat with him. - As the only player, it's not that big change right away, but there are more family to get away from it all. There are other things now that I chose to move back to Detroit. There we know already what to expect. - Basically it is where there is no problem because you understand that it can be done like this in the NHL. You just have to accept and continue to do their job as best you can. Enjoyed Sedin wereDuring his last stint in Detroit Red Wings Mikael Samuelsson scores low harvest per season between 34 and 45 points. His scores in terms of best seasons, he made the Vancouver Canucks jersey. - I had a little different role in Vancouver. Fixed points differs is not really that much. I was well over 50 points per season there. - The first season of the Canucks were a bit up and down, but the second season I was playing with the Sedin were. This made it extremely game on powerplay. If you do not score much when it has nothing to do there. You can not fail no matter how little talent you have.

The media painted finals between the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins 2010/11 as a hatserie, how experienced you this player? - I put myself in the stands during the finals, but it was perhaps not altogether successfully to (Alexandre) Burrows bet Patrice Bergeron in the finger during the first game. After Boston was really pissed off. You could say that it was the wrong team to anger. They play the very physical and I can probably think it would have been better to let the bear to sleep, if you know what I mean. - Now, we were nevertheless close to winning the final and was actually 3-2 in matches. Now turned Boston and won deservedly. No highly of the club management in VancouverHow my thoughts when you were sold back to the Florida Panthers you left 2004? - Disappointed is the wrong word, but I felt very good in Vancouver. I had a pretty severe injury the second season in Vancouver when a tendon in the groin had gone by. Rehaben had worked well and felt good at the camp, but when the NHL went, the left leg off. - In retrospect, it was good that I was switched off because I had extra time to rehabilitate myself and come back whole. I got on very well in Florida, but it was hard to leave were Sedin, Alexander Edler and the other guys up in Vancouver.

The management of the club however, I had no high opinion of, so that way it bekom me. You had to change the snow to the sun.- But that's mostly a thing as the family likes best. I myself was in Florida for my job as a hockey player. Now it was more fun last season because we went to the playoffs. It was the first time, I do not know how many years, haha ​​... - Each win in the playoffs was that we had won the Stanley Cup.Jacob Markstrom guarded the goal for the Florida Panthers in seven games, how he managed it? - Good. Jacob is a great goalkeeper with a modern and quiet goalie game. I firmly believe that he will succeed very well in the NHL. "A very well organized club"This summer it became clear that Mikael Samuelsson leaves the Florida Panthers to return to the Detroit Red Wings where he became Stanley Cup champions 2008th - I was hoping all along that Detroit wanted me although there were several other clubs that got in when it was approaching 1 July. It turned out that Detroit wanted me and that was exactly what I wanted. You did four seasons in Detroit Red Wings between 2005 and 2009. Is it a different kind of hockey culture in the club for all Europeans who play and have played there? - Not for that reason. Detroit is a very well organized club. Since there is concern for the people in the team and their families. Everything is not just business. - Sure, there are obviously out to win, no doubt about it. The difference is that the general manager and other members of the organization is at a good level. After all, all people and not robots. Do you feel as you perform well, there is nothing strange in it. In addition, you get this important continuity when players thrive on the team and happy to stay. Lily - "Lidas" substituteA simple question, what will replace it Nicklas Lidstrom?- Easy? Haha ...- Andreas Lilja sitting next to me and points to himself. There will apparently be the one who takes over Nicklas role. - Seriously, you can not replace such a player Nicklas. The rest of us must do the best we can. We have a good team and it'll probably work well anyway even if he will be missed. What the Mike Babcock leadership makes him unique?- What I remember Mike was his way to coach the team. He talked a lot with our players and knew what he wanted. I liked that way very much. I guess he has not changed that much since I was in Detroit last. How do Mikael Samuelsson to get well prepared for the comeback of the Detroit Red Wings? - As every summer. I think I have a good handle on what is required of me to be in good shape when I get there. Then we hope to get a decent good role on the team.

this was what i was expecting but he never says its burr's fault. He does say Burr biting Bergeron got the Bruins mad. Well, so what. If it wasn't that they would have found some other excuse. Canucks should have found their own reason to get mad.

As he should - in hindsight if we just kept it to a skilled game and didn't bother with any of this rubbish after whistles we would have won the Cup. Give credit to Boston - they executed their game plan perfectly. The only way they were going to beat a team as deep and skilled as the Canucks was to drag them down to their dirty level and they did that.

The reason the Canucks were beaten by Chicago 2 years in a row was the exact same way Boston beat us, and we had managed to keep that stuff out of our game so well up until the SCF. Disappointing our team and coaches couldn't keep it going for 7 more games.

"I got on very well in Florida, but it was hard to leave Sedins, Alexander Edler and the other guys up in Vancouver.

The management of the club however, I had no high opinion of, so that way it become me." MS

So much for the myth of Gillis and his free agent luring success rate,with what Samuelsson says.

Players talk and it's a small club.

this was what i was expecting but he never says its burr's fault. He does say Burr biting Bergeron got the Bruins mad. Well, so what. If it wasn't that they would have found some other excuse. Canucks should have found their own reason to get mad.

As he should - in hindsight if we just kept it to a skilled game and didn't bother with any of this rubbish after whistles we would have won the Cup. Give credit to Boston - they executed their game plan perfectly. The only way they were going to beat a team as deep and skilled as the Canucks was to drag them down to their dirty level and they did that.

The reason the Canucks were beaten by Chicago 2 years in a row was the exact same way Boston beat us, and we had managed to keep that stuff out of our game so well up until the SCF. Disappointing our team and coaches couldn't keep it going for 7 more games.

Are we now the National Enquirer? A sensationalistic headline to grab viewer's attention doesn't necessarily make it so... And the fact that you posted a thread but "hadn't read it all" is concerning. :)

He didn't put "a lot of the blame" on Burr so, translation or not, it is misleading. He basically described a bit of a turning point and how the Bruins reacted and responded with physical play. Which likely would have happened anyhow (and already was starting to develop at that stage).

People use these types of headlines to pull readers in, as they're controversial. But in a hockey market where the media already has a glaring effect on the team and the players are constantly subjected to these types of stories, we don't really need to support them.

Are we now the National Enquirer? Sensationalistic headlines to grab viewer's attention doesn't necessarily make it so... And the fact that you posted a thread but "hadn't read it all" is concerning. :)

He didn't put "a lot of the blame" on Burr so, translation or not, it is misleading. He basically described a bit of a turning point and how the Bruins reacted and responded with physical play. Which likely would have happened anyhow (and already was starting to develop at that stage).

People use these types of headlines to pull readers in, as they're controversial. But in a hockey market where the media already has a glaring effect on the team and the players are constantly subjected to these types of stories, we don't really need to support them.

All I ever think of is Thomas calling out Luongo and running Hank,Raymond getting can opened and Rome getting the longest suspension in Stanley Cup history.

It was a joke and the NHL is a dirty club come the playoffs.

BTW,what has Gillis done to send a message to other teams?

He has had over a year and not even one player on the roster has been added that can make the opposition pay.

Ballard is the only one standing up for his boys.Even Bieksa went missing down the stretch.

Archived