The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikael Samuelsson puts a lot of the blame on Alex Burrows for Canucks cup loss

topbananas

"I got on very well in Florida, but it was hard to leave Sedins, Alexander Edler and the other guys up in Vancouver.

The management of the club however, I had no high opinion of, so that way it become me." MS

So much for the myth of Gillis and his free agent luring success rate,with what Samuelsson says.

Players talk and it's a small club.

I think your blowing what he said out of proportion, but whatever lets have fun with it.

If he is indeed running around whining, I hope he's got a Ballard hipcheck waiting for him and a Lapierre smile and finger in his face once he gets up

Probably because AV gave him an ear full for playing like an unmotivated, uninspired turd on some nights. He certainly looked like it. Perhaps AV benched him at times or reduced his minutes but I can't recall. Samuelsson even admitted he only came here for the money, and given he didn't look interested a lot of nights, I can't be too far off.

Won a Cup already. On the downside of his career. Guaranteed millions of dollars. Been there done that.

Thats the difference between Northamerican born players and European born.The USA players mainly get mad and yell out ,Canadians take it mostly and we get over it.European's hold a grudge and say something later on knowning the other will hear it instead of saying it to that player.Sixk of the childness its a game grow up and play like a man!

If Burrows had actually bit him there would have been a mark or something, if there had been a teeth print in Bergeron's finger Burr definitely would have got suspended. Since he didn't get suspended that means there was no mark or imprint which means he didn't bite him, all that happened was Bergeron jammed his finger in Burrows' mouth.

It concerns me that Sammy said he doesn't have high opinions of our management. This would not be the first and only black eye on the Canucks and like someone else said, players talk. How you are perceived around the league is extremely important when it comes to signing free agents. Don't want this to be a developing trend when it comes to the Canucks.

Um. We know Samuelsson to be brutally honest, but some of his comments are over the line. It's tough to know his exact wording due to translation, but I'm surprised he said some of those things. Talking specifically about Burrows, then saying he didn't think to highly of Canucks management. Ouch. You rarely hear players publicly get into specifics like that. He sounds a little butt hurt.

Gillis or Canucks management might want to give him a call. The last thing they need is for some NHL veteran to be talking negatively about their org. Players talk - you don't want that out there.

Archived