The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikael Samuelsson puts a lot of the blame on Alex Burrows for Canucks cup loss

topbananas

So, it's Patrice Bergeron's fault? Got it.

Samuelsson's poorly-timed injury didn't exactly do wonders either. Hmmm... If he was in the lineup, perhaps the whole Burrows-Bergeron thing never happens.

On second thought, it's your fault, Mikael Samuelsson.

Is no one asking why Bergeron had his finger in Burrows mouth? It's funny how that seems perfectly fine. Bergeron is either a serious deviant or a creep for putting his finger in Burrows mouth.

But no Burrows is the weasel for defending his mouth from some creeps finger. He should have bit it off.

Wow.. I was listening to this stuff all day on the team 1040 when I was at work... They were totally saying samuelsson was specifically blaming burrows for the cup loss. Reading this article makes me realize the Vancouver media is NUTS.

Talk about taking a quote out of context and blowing is completely out of proportion.

Do i think the Burrows bite was a major factor no.. but crap like that without a doubt brings out more in your enemy.. I think the Rome hit was more of the final straw. Still with that said crap like what Burrows did is completely unacceptable and quite frankly embarrassing for this fan.

I think his comments on management were more interesting.. You certainly don't want to gain a bad reputation around the league. Whether or not he's talking about Gillis or AV who knows.. Im still mystified why we brought AV back, can't wait for another year of a coach incapable of making in-game changes.

Guest gumballthechewy

what a bs thread

he was right they agitated the bruins and didn't have the energy to match them

i disagree that it was just burrows biting of the finger tho

Nothing wrong with what Sammi said because he DID NOT put the blame on Burr.

Besides, he was bang on in what he did say...that the bite was just one of several things that woke up the sleeping bear. I thought it then and I still believe it now...Burrows bite, Lappy's finger taunt...Lui's "pumping his tires" post game interview...Rome's hit...all played a role in turning the tide.

I see Botchford running with the "Sammi blames Burr" story in the Province today. More stellar reporting by this rag of a paper that employs a bunch of hacks in their sports department!

Archived