gordfish

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

http://www.hockeysve...rticle/13313156

Interview translated into English

Hoped that Detroit wanted me "Samuelsson longed for Hockey TownHe left the Detroit Red Wings as a free agent 2009th Earlier this month, Mikael Samuelsson took the same route back to the club he became Stanley Cup champions in 2008. For hockeysverige.se he reveals that it was the plan all along. - Detroit wanted me and that was exactly what I wanted, says Samuelsson.One of our most experienced NHL players are sörmlänningen Mikael Samuelsson, 35. He made his debut for the San Jose Sharks are already the season 2000/01. Since then he has played 669 NHL games and it made 342 points for the Sharks, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Florida Panthers, Detroit Red Wings and Vancouver Canucks.

Last year began Samuelsson of the Vancouver Canucks and then end it in the Florida Panthers. When the NHL starts up next season, he left the sun and heat in Florida behind. New old address will be in place Detroit, which is his seventh klubbyte in twelve seasons. - First, is there a difference if you get trejdad during the season, or now when I switch to Detroit two seasons.

During the season, everything is going so fast. Especially that last year when the change was also one of the longest one can do in the NHL, laughing Mikael Samuelsson when hockeysverige.se get a chat with him. - As the only player, it's not that big change right away, but there are more family to get away from it all. There are other things now that I chose to move back to Detroit. There we know already what to expect. - Basically it is where there is no problem because you understand that it can be done like this in the NHL. You just have to accept and continue to do their job as best you can. Enjoyed Sedin wereDuring his last stint in Detroit Red Wings Mikael Samuelsson scores low harvest per season between 34 and 45 points. His scores in terms of best seasons, he made the Vancouver Canucks jersey. - I had a little different role in Vancouver. Fixed points differs is not really that much. I was well over 50 points per season there. - The first season of the Canucks were a bit up and down, but the second season I was playing with the Sedin were. This made it extremely game on powerplay. If you do not score much when it has nothing to do there. You can not fail no matter how little talent you have.

The media painted finals between the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins 2010/11 as a hatserie, how experienced you this player? - I put myself in the stands during the finals, but it was perhaps not altogether successfully to (Alexandre) Burrows bet Patrice Bergeron in the finger during the first game. After Boston was really pissed off. You could say that it was the wrong team to anger. They play the very physical and I can probably think it would have been better to let the bear to sleep, if you know what I mean. - Now, we were nevertheless close to winning the final and was actually 3-2 in matches. Now turned Boston and won deservedly. No highly of the club management in VancouverHow my thoughts when you were sold back to the Florida Panthers you left 2004? - Disappointed is the wrong word, but I felt very good in Vancouver. I had a pretty severe injury the second season in Vancouver when a tendon in the groin had gone by. Rehaben had worked well and felt good at the camp, but when the NHL went, the left leg off. - In retrospect, it was good that I was switched off because I had extra time to rehabilitate myself and come back whole. I got on very well in Florida, but it was hard to leave were Sedin, Alexander Edler and the other guys up in Vancouver.

The management of the club however, I had no high opinion of, so that way it bekom me. You had to change the snow to the sun.- But that's mostly a thing as the family likes best. I myself was in Florida for my job as a hockey player. Now it was more fun last season because we went to the playoffs. It was the first time, I do not know how many years, haha ​​... - Each win in the playoffs was that we had won the Stanley Cup.Jacob Markstrom guarded the goal for the Florida Panthers in seven games, how he managed it? - Good. Jacob is a great goalkeeper with a modern and quiet goalie game. I firmly believe that he will succeed very well in the NHL. "A very well organized club"This summer it became clear that Mikael Samuelsson leaves the Florida Panthers to return to the Detroit Red Wings where he became Stanley Cup champions 2008th - I was hoping all along that Detroit wanted me although there were several other clubs that got in when it was approaching 1 July. It turned out that Detroit wanted me and that was exactly what I wanted. You did four seasons in Detroit Red Wings between 2005 and 2009. Is it a different kind of hockey culture in the club for all Europeans who play and have played there? - Not for that reason. Detroit is a very well organized club. Since there is concern for the people in the team and their families. Everything is not just business. - Sure, there are obviously out to win, no doubt about it. The difference is that the general manager and other members of the organization is at a good level. After all, all people and not robots. Do you feel as you perform well, there is nothing strange in it. In addition, you get this important continuity when players thrive on the team and happy to stay. Lily - "Lidas" substituteA simple question, what will replace it Nicklas Lidstrom?- Easy? Haha ...- Andreas Lilja sitting next to me and points to himself. There will apparently be the one who takes over Nicklas role. - Seriously, you can not replace such a player Nicklas. The rest of us must do the best we can. We have a good team and it'll probably work well anyway even if he will be missed. What the Mike Babcock leadership makes him unique?- What I remember Mike was his way to coach the team. He talked a lot with our players and knew what he wanted. I liked that way very much. I guess he has not changed that much since I was in Detroit last. How do Mikael Samuelsson to get well prepared for the comeback of the Detroit Red Wings? - As every summer. I think I have a good handle on what is required of me to be in good shape when I get there. Then we hope to get a decent good role on the team.

Instead of tanslating it word for word, how about translating it in actual English?

Edited by gordfish, 12 July 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#32 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Misleading... You make it seem like he completely calls out Burrows

Posted Image

#33 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Instead of tanslating it word for word, how about translating it in actual English?

Posted Image

#34 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

More like Bergeron skating over to a defenseless player that was being held back by a linesman and sticking his sweaty mitt in Burrows mouth should have woken up the Canucks. Not to mention AV not being able to coach his way out of a paper bag. I'm a Lu fan no doubt but that game 3 was a stinker, AV puts Corey in for game 4 and the Canucks win the cup.
Posted Image

#35 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

The Johnny Boychuk hit on Mason Raymond should have gotten the team fired up.

The Alex Burrows finger biting happened in Game 1. The Canucks won that game and Game 2.

Aaron Rome's hit on Nathan Horton happened in Game 3. Pretty sure if anything had to due with the outcome of the series, it was that hit.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Im not too sure what your post means but I appreciate your feedback.
Posted Image

#36 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

:lol: you are confusing me with someone who cares

Posted Image

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#37 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,503 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

That was tanslating.

#38 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

I actually think it worked the other way around.

Game 1: Burrows bites Bergeron we win and go all crazy the next game with the taunting and hitting.
Game 2: Our team taunts and hits the bruins players whenever possible, we win the game.
Game 3: Had an okay first period... Until the Rome hit fired them up, we were blown out.
Game 4: We were getting destroyed. Burrows goes after Thomas and Kesler whacks Chara in the face with a glove.
Game 5: We win by absolutely crushing every bruin that moved
Game 6: Boychuk injures Raymond, the canucks try to stay away from altercations throughout the game. Marchand punches Daniel in the face a couple of times.
Game 7: Both teams stay away from altercations. Our best players were Hansen, Torres, Higgins, and Lapierre; all grinders who got under the skin of the opposition and did a few dirty things for the Canucks this series; Chara headshot, Ference hits, Diving, pointing, hitting whenever possible.

As you see here, the dirty plays actually helped our team play better. Look at what Marchand did to us and when he did it.

The Rome hit is the only exception

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#39 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Burrows is the consommate professional on this team, and a true leader. If some dickhead pushed a smelly hockey glove in my face and I did'nt have my hands free to push it away, what's the alternative? stand there and take it? No. I'd bite it too.

#40 jimmyking8888

jimmyking8888

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Media really dont' have anything to write in the summer. LOL.

#41 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,408 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

POPULAR

The part that concerns me most is where he says it was hard to leave the team but not the management because he doesn't have a high opinion of them. Obviously a lot can be lost in translation but it seems like a lot of players have had issues with our management, and it's not just departed players. The coaches and management have tough decisions to make all season long and that obviously leads to some disgruntled members of the team, but if it is a popular belief that the players are not being respected our team is not going to play hard for the pride of the jersey anymore.

As Herb Brooks once said: "the name on the front of the jersey matters a hell of a lot more than the name on the back"

But a lot of our players have already taken a hometown discount to be here. If they now feel that management is not treating them right it'll cause a lot of irreversible damage; damage that might take a long time to repair, hence delaying another legit attempt at winning a Cup.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#42 Line Juggler

Line Juggler

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

I think Burrows is a heart and soul team guy, he leaves it all on the ice every shift and should maybe be nick named "Mr. Clutch" because he totally has been for us. I can't say enough good things about him.

BUT

His "do anything for the team to win" attitude has its pitfalls. It has included pulling hair and biting. Which is just not cool at all.

Would I blame Burrows for us losing the Stanley Cup: HELL NO, he's one of the main reasons why we were in a Game 7 to begin with. Does he need to stop pulling hair and biting "HELL YES", this is the main reason why other teams don't like us. He's not helping our reputation as a team that plays with integrity. If your team plays with integrity you earn everyone's respect win or lose.
Posted Image

#43 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Misleading and incorrect title. Please lock this thread.

Quick note: Samuelsson does not like AV or MG (obviously). I think that having AV as coach is hurting in the free agent market generally.

#44 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

whatever.

if he was healthy and could have actually played.... that might have helped a ton!!!

#45 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

You should care. You should care that you come off as a petulant child. You should also care that many people here don't appreciate you speaking to Deb like that.

Deb was right, that headline is a cheap gimmicky attempt at getting people to read your equally useless thread, although she put it much more politely.

Grow up and show her the respect that she's earned here. She shouldn't have to deal with other people's children who are showing to the rest of us that they've been raised poorly.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 12 July 2012 - 09:59 AM.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#46 Myxamotisis

Myxamotisis

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Really? Because i'm pretty sure when you only score 8 goals in a 7 game series and 0 in a game 7 its more than just 1 guys fault. We lost as a team, we will win as a team.
lol... Ryane Clowe

#47 mofans

mofans

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Personally I thought it was priceless when Alex "bit" his finger. The Refs, were TERRIBLE. NO consistency at all, and 99% of their Terribleness, was Ridiculous calls against our Guys. Tim Thomas is nothing but a narrow minded bad tempered Bully, Good Goal Tender, none the less, obviously. We always find out in the end , our guys had undisclosed injuries, and tried to play through them. I am a Huge Canuck Fan, I just don't believe in rotten derogatory comments. Nothing wrong with "Opinions", but c'mon , we're "Fans", not their Opposition. There's enough of that outside BC. GO CANUCKS !

#48 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

I think Burrows is a heart and soul team guy, he leaves it all on the ice every shift and should maybe be nick named "Mr. Clutch" because he totally has been for us. I can't say enough good things about him.

BUT

His "do anything for the team to win" attitude has its pitfalls. It has included pulling hair and biting. Which is just not cool at all.

Would I blame Burrows for us losing the Stanley Cup: HELL NO, he's one of the main reasons why we were in a Game 7 to begin with. Does he need to stop pulling hair and biting "HELL YES", this is the main reason why other teams don't like us. He's not helping our reputation as a team that plays with integrity. If your team plays with integrity you earn everyone's respect win or lose.

Integrity is dedication and truth. The guy sends arrows into the crowd to commemorate Luc after each goal he scores, and high fives each teamate after every win. How much more do you expect? He's playing opponents that wear razor sharp blades on their feet carrying giant sticks some of whom would not feel guilty about killing. And your worried about biting and pulling hair?

#49 NLluvitorleaveit

NLluvitorleaveit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 sQuish

sQuish

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Just lock this thread and ban this idiot. A stupid thread, a stupid title, a crappy translation that was painful to read, and an OP who didn't even read the thing he posted. /sigh

#51 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

The Johnny Boychuk hit on Mason Raymond should have gotten the team fired up.

The Alex Burrows finger biting happened in Game 1. The Canucks won that game and Game 2.

Aaron Rome's hit on Nathan Horton happened in Game 3. Pretty sure if anything had to due with the outcome of the series, it was that hit.

Posted Image

#52 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

How do you complain about getting bit when you're wearing a glove? Seriously what kind of injury is that to complain about? Bergeron was just being a drama queen whiny tool, it backfired on us because the media loves to rip the nucks, especially Burr. I will forever consider Bergeron at fault in that incident.

#53 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I think they're friends.

#54 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

The part that concerns me most is where he says it was hard to leave the team but not the management because he doesn't have a high opinion of them. Obviously a lot can be lost in translation but it seems like a lot of players have had issues with our management, and it's not just departed players. The coaches and management have tough decisions to make all season long and that obviously leads to some disgruntled members of the team, but if it is a popular belief that the players are not being respected our team is not going to play hard for the pride of the jersey anymore.

As Herb Brooks once said: "the name on the front of the jersey matters a hell of a lot more than the name on the back"

But a lot of our players have already taken a hometown discount to be here. If they now feel that management is not treating them right it'll cause a lot of irreversible damage; damage that might take a long time to repair, hence delaying another legit attempt at winning a Cup.

Good post. Thanks for this. Its a great read.

I agree with this but can only hope that is not happening in Vancouver and if it did management would correct it right away.
Posted Image

#55 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

this..... it woke the boston players up... and the powerplay didn't help either...

#56 BRAVEMAN91

BRAVEMAN91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Man I felt like i was watching one of Samuelsson's interviews after reading that.
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter: @braveman91
Checkout my Canuck videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/braveman91

#57 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Well if we are going to point fingers, I don't think this helped:

#58 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

"I got on very well in Florida, but it was hard to leave Sedins, Alexander Edler and the other guys up in Vancouver.

The management of the club however, I had no high opinion of, so that way it become me." MS

So much for the myth of Gillis and his free agent luring success rate,with what Samuelsson says.

Players talk and it's a small club.

The text is awfully rough in translation and again the sentences are misleading. He said it was hard to leave the guys but had no bigger attachment to the management so it don't bother him any more than that - that he was traded.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#59 Shoreline74

Shoreline74

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

All I ever think of is Thomas calling out Luongo and running Hank,Raymond getting can opened and Rome getting the longest suspension in Stanley Cup history.

It was a joke and the NHL is a dirty club come the playoffs.

BTW,what has Gillis done to send a message to other teams?

He has had over a year and not even one player on the roster has been added that can make the opposition pay.

Ballard is the only one standing up for his boys.Even Bieksa went missing down the stretch.

What about Dale Weise :bigblush:

#60 Shoreline74

Shoreline74

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

load of crop the canucks inability to score whether or not alex bite patrice bergeron finger or not was funni when you watch it over and over and and the team taunts the other players into it lol funnier

What angered me about that whole incident is that it happened the year before where I think it was Savard and Carcillo? Not only that, but DON'T shove your finger in someone mouth repeatedly and expect them not to fight back. He was just asking for it. Cheap tactics... :sadno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.