The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikael Samuelsson puts a lot of the blame on Alex Burrows for Canucks cup loss

topbananas

The part that concerns me most is where he says it was hard to leave the team but not the management because he doesn't have a high opinion of them. Obviously a lot can be lost in translation but it seems like a lot of players have had issues with our management, and it's not just departed players. The coaches and management have tough decisions to make all season long and that obviously leads to some disgruntled members of the team, but if it is a popular belief that the players are not being respected our team is not going to play hard for the pride of the jersey anymore.

As Herb Brooks once said: "the name on the front of the jersey matters a hell of a lot more than the name on the back"

But a lot of our players have already taken a hometown discount to be here. If they now feel that management is not treating them right it'll cause a lot of irreversible damage; damage that might take a long time to repair, hence delaying another legit attempt at winning a Cup.

I think Burrows is a heart and soul team guy, he leaves it all on the ice every shift and should maybe be nick named "Mr. Clutch" because he totally has been for us. I can't say enough good things about him.

BUT

His "do anything for the team to win" attitude has its pitfalls. It has included pulling hair and biting. Which is just not cool at all.

Would I blame Burrows for us losing the Stanley Cup: HELL NO, he's one of the main reasons why we were in a Game 7 to begin with. Does he need to stop pulling hair and biting "HELL YES", this is the main reason why other teams don't like us. He's not helping our reputation as a team that plays with integrity. If your team plays with integrity you earn everyone's respect win or lose.

Personally I thought it was priceless when Alex "bit" his finger. The Refs, were TERRIBLE. NO consistency at all, and 99% of their Terribleness, was Ridiculous calls against our Guys. Tim Thomas is nothing but a narrow minded bad tempered Bully, Good Goal Tender, none the less, obviously. We always find out in the end , our guys had undisclosed injuries, and tried to play through them. I am a Huge Canuck Fan, I just don't believe in rotten derogatory comments. Nothing wrong with "Opinions", but c'mon , we're "Fans", not their Opposition. There's enough of that outside BC. GO CANUCKS !

I think Burrows is a heart and soul team guy, he leaves it all on the ice every shift and should maybe be nick named "Mr. Clutch" because he totally has been for us. I can't say enough good things about him.

BUT

His "do anything for the team to win" attitude has its pitfalls. It has included pulling hair and biting. Which is just not cool at all.

Would I blame Burrows for us losing the Stanley Cup: HELL NO, he's one of the main reasons why we were in a Game 7 to begin with. Does he need to stop pulling hair and biting "HELL YES", this is the main reason why other teams don't like us. He's not helping our reputation as a team that plays with integrity. If your team plays with integrity you earn everyone's respect win or lose.

The Johnny Boychuk hit on Mason Raymond should have gotten the team fired up.

The Alex Burrows finger biting happened in Game 1. The Canucks won that game and Game 2.

Aaron Rome's hit on Nathan Horton happened in Game 3. Pretty sure if anything had to due with the outcome of the series, it was that hit.

How do you complain about getting bit when you're wearing a glove? Seriously what kind of injury is that to complain about? Bergeron was just being a drama queen whiny tool, it backfired on us because the media loves to rip the nucks, especially Burr. I will forever consider Bergeron at fault in that incident.

The part that concerns me most is where he says it was hard to leave the team but not the management because he doesn't have a high opinion of them. Obviously a lot can be lost in translation but it seems like a lot of players have had issues with our management, and it's not just departed players. The coaches and management have tough decisions to make all season long and that obviously leads to some disgruntled members of the team, but if it is a popular belief that the players are not being respected our team is not going to play hard for the pride of the jersey anymore.

As Herb Brooks once said: "the name on the front of the jersey matters a hell of a lot more than the name on the back"

But a lot of our players have already taken a hometown discount to be here. If they now feel that management is not treating them right it'll cause a lot of irreversible damage; damage that might take a long time to repair, hence delaying another legit attempt at winning a Cup.

"I got on very well in Florida, but it was hard to leave Sedins, Alexander Edler and the other guys up in Vancouver.

The management of the club however, I had no high opinion of, so that way it become me." MS

So much for the myth of Gillis and his free agent luring success rate,with what Samuelsson says.

Players talk and it's a small club.

All I ever think of is Thomas calling out Luongo and running Hank,Raymond getting can opened and Rome getting the longest suspension in Stanley Cup history.

It was a joke and the NHL is a dirty club come the playoffs.

BTW,what has Gillis done to send a message to other teams?

He has had over a year and not even one player on the roster has been added that can make the opposition pay.

Ballard is the only one standing up for his boys.Even Bieksa went missing down the stretch.

Archived