Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Mikael Samuelsson puts a lot of the blame on Alex Burrows for Canucks cup loss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
161 replies to this topic

#91 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's Luongos fault.

;)
Posted Image

#92 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's Luongos fault.

;)

The casual, uneducated fan will tell you that
Posted Image

#93 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,474 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Maybe it was because our powerplay sucked the power of one thousand vacuums and Thomas became a dam brick wall..

Posted Image

#94 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Thats the difference between Northamerican born players and European born.The USA players mainly get mad and yell out ,Canadians take it mostly and we get over it.European's hold a grudge and say something later on knowning the other will hear it instead of saying it to that player.Sixk of the childness its a game grow up and play like a man!
Posted Image

#95 CanucksExpress2

CanucksExpress2

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

The reason the Canucks were beaten by Chicago 2 years in a row was the exact same way Boston beat us, and we had managed to keep that stuff out of our game so well up until the SCF. Disappointing our team and coaches couldn't keep it going for 7 more games.

Actually all the Canucks needed was to keep it together for ONE more game...they did win three before the Bruins did.
WTF??????????????

If you don't like what I post, tell me to my face. And if you are an Administrator, at least, tell me what I did that you decided to remove my posting rights. 'Cause:

A) If I don't know, I will probably do it again
B) There is an infinite supply of free email addresses and I can re-register in 2 minutes.
and C) I thought it was three strikes and you are out, not random exercises of Power. Buddy, you're no Bettman!

#96 GTVic

GTVic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

just translated it, hadnt read it all. I offer my humble apologies sir

Typical CDC behaviour, people in a major hurry to be the first to be noticed, as evidenced by this triple post guy in the RIP Rick Rypien thread. It's not life or death to be first or to be noticed...

#97 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

And AV does none of this?

AV doesn't even instruct the players when they have a time out and are looking for instruction...

#98 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

If Burrows had actually bit him there would have been a mark or something, if there had been a teeth print in Bergeron's finger Burr definitely would have got suspended. Since he didn't get suspended that means there was no mark or imprint which means he didn't bite him, all that happened was Bergeron jammed his finger in Burrows' mouth.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#99 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

It concerns me that Sammy said he doesn't have high opinions of our management. This would not be the first and only black eye on the Canucks and like someone else said, players talk. How you are perceived around the league is extremely important when it comes to signing free agents. Don't want this to be a developing trend when it comes to the Canucks.

Edited by WestCoastCanucks, 12 July 2012 - 07:13 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#100 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,401 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Um. We know Samuelsson to be brutally honest, but some of his comments are over the line. It's tough to know his exact wording due to translation, but I'm surprised he said some of those things. Talking specifically about Burrows, then saying he didn't think to highly of Canucks management. Ouch. You rarely hear players publicly get into specifics like that. He sounds a little butt hurt.

Gillis or Canucks management might want to give him a call. The last thing they need is for some NHL veteran to be talking negatively about their org. Players talk - you don't want that out there.

Edited by RunningWild, 12 July 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#101 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Yeah ok the Canucks are the only team in the NHL to have a couple of players call them out after being traded.

Not the only team. But it's happening more frequently on this team than others. Like I said, not surprising.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 12 July 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#102 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

misleading, and glad samuelssons gone.

Sturm + samuelsson

for

Booth + Reinpecht + 3rd pick. = An awesome trade for Vancouver. Two older players who's play is on the decline. We get a young Winger with some potential, a depth/AHL player and a draft pick. Good win for Gillis.

#103 JesseBlue

JesseBlue

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

it was a team loss and i for one will just thank sammuelsson for his service here...

#104 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

misleading, and glad samuelssons gone.

Sturm + samuelsson

for

Booth + Reinpecht + 3rd pick. = An awesome trade for Vancouver. Two older players who's play is on the decline. We get a young Winger with some potential, a depth/AHL player and a draft pick. Good win for Gillis.

Those are very pretty rose coloured glasses you wear.

Basically, we traded 4.75 million in salary which would come off the books at the end of the season, for eating Reinprecht's 2 million, and adding Booth's 4 years of 4.25 million and a 3rd rounder which may or may not ever even make the AHL.

Samuelsson outscored Booth last season too. And in the playoffs, Booth had zero points in 5 games, while Sammy had 5 points in 7 games.

If we hadn't made that trade, we'd have had an extra 4.25 million to sign free agents. I certainly hope Booth can become more than a 4 million dollar 15 goal scorer.

#105 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Okay, so who else called the Canucks management out again? Samuelsson likes to talk, everybody knows that.

If Bergeron put his smelly mitts in my mouth I'd be trying to bite his finger right off.

#106 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Samuelsson likes to rip the management of teams that have no need for him. First Team Sweden in 2010 and now Canucks in 2012. Guy played good here but he was also pretty lazy at times.

SYvE9NH.gif

#107 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I would take Samuelsson's word on management with a grain of salt. Any coach who has been in the NHL for more than a few seasons will clash with players. Even Scotty Bowman clashed with players in his career and he was the best of all time. From what I have seen in interviews, Sammy is a guy who speaks honestly and doesn't sugar coat anything. If the core guys in Vancouver were bolting when they had the chance (Sedins, Bieksa, Kesler, Burrows) or we couldn't sign anyone (Garrison, Hamhuis, Malhotra), I would be more concerned.

Gillis will have his detractors as well. It goes with the territory.

If we had a genie handy to grant a wish on the management front, I would want Ken Holland as GM and John Tortorella as coach, but it isn't going to happen.
Posted Image

#108 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Basically, we traded 4.75 million in salary which would come off the books at the end of the season, for eating Reinprecht's 2 million, and adding Booth's 4 years of 4.25 million and a 3rd rounder which may or may not ever even make the AHL.

Samuelsson outscored Booth last season too. And in the playoffs, Booth had zero points in 5 games, while Sammy had 5 points in 7 games.

If we hadn't made that trade, we'd have had an extra 4.25 million to sign free agents. I certainly hope Booth can become more than a 4 million dollar 15 goal scorer.

Not only did Samuelsson outscore Booth for the 2.25 million less than Booth was paid but Mikael did it coming off of a serious injury.

The biggest risk of this trade is that Booth has suffered two serious concussions so his career can end any moment while Mikael is as strong as a viking and still going.

The worst part of ditching Samuelsson for a head injured player is that Samuelsson was very dear to the Swedish contingent,which makes up a core nucleus on this team.

Unsettling a team while adding fragile parts-couldn't make this stuff up.

Edited by nuck nit, 12 July 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#109 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thread title response:

#110 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

No guts, no glory. Booth with his size/weight/muscle and the scoring ability he showed, he has the potential to be a pretty good player for us. He was on pace for 24 goals after all. Then again this trade is banking a lot on potential given his concussions, his salary, and the fact he hasn't the 30 goal plateau in a few seasons.
Posted Image

#111 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

AV doesn't even instruct the players when they have a time out and are looking for instruction...

Sometimes you don't need to.

I'll give AV the benefit of the doubt here. You know, the same coach that helped lead this team to the SCF, back to back President's Trophies, four straight 100 point seasons (two clearly being the most dominant in franchise history), and the same coach along with his staff that helped players put up career years. If he was an incompetent turd like Samuelsson is basically getting at, none of this would have happened. Again, Samuelsson played here only for the money and showed it a lot of nights.
Posted Image

#112 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

"AV just steps back and lets the players do their thing"

Great, how has that worked out? Back to back Presidents Trophies? Who gives a sh*t.

2 Presidents Trophies = 0 Cups

Edit: Don't want to go off on a tangent here, but in my opinion it's Samuelsson > Booth.

Hopefully Booth can change that this coming season.

Edited by CookieCrumbs, 12 July 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#113 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

AV and Gillis looked pretty good while Luongo held this fort together.

I have a feeling this year they will have to work harder and not look as good as in year's past.

TR,Samuelsson did not single out the coach,specifically.It was management.

Managers don't coach.Coaches aren't managers.

#114 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

all that matters is the cup
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#115 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

He won a cup with a coach who communicated with his players, told them what he wanted, and worked with them. Then he saw the other side of the coin with AV. I'd want to go back to Detroit too.

You've never been to Detroit, have you?
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#116 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

:lol:
Posted Image

#117 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Weinhandl?
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#118 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

He just says that it got the Bruins angry. It may have, who knows. It's his opinion, he didn't blame Burr though.

We just played to angry and with a clouded mind. We should have out skilled them, even though we were banged up and bleeding, I think we could have won the series.
Posted Image

#119 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

I have been to Detroit, driving around in the ghetto at night was an experience, but that isn't the slice of life a millionaire hockey player is part of.

Weinhandl?

If we'd taken a 300k gamble when he was on waivers several years ago, yes, it would have been super cheap to try. Very low risk. But now, he's not worth trying, but in any case he'd never have been a 4 million dollar per year experiment...

Sometimes you don't need to.

I'll give AV the benefit of the doubt here. You know, the same coach that helped lead this team to the SCF, back to back President's Trophies, four straight 100 point seasons (two clearly being the most dominant in franchise history), and the same coach along with his staff that helped players put up career years. If he was an incompetent turd like Samuelsson is basically getting at, none of this would have happened. Again, Samuelsson played here only for the money and showed it a lot of nights.

I've stated many times that I think any half competent coach would have gotten the roster AV was given, into a good playoff position. I'm not that impressed with AV's leading a very very deep roster with all star goaltending to regular season success. Whenever the team looked lost, and needed something to turn it around, AV stood there, stared, and chewed gum.

#120 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Samuelson was not available when we needed him the most - finals. He was left off of a declining Swedish side during the last olympics for a reason.

You don't judge this trade just yet. This second year with Booth should give us a better picture of what kind of player he is. If he can hit close to 30 goals then you have to think we got a good deal.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.