The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikael Samuelsson puts a lot of the blame on Alex Burrows for Canucks cup loss

topbananas

That Lu quote was sooooooo taken out of context and blown up into something that it wasn't. Lu also went on to say that "Tim playing the way he does is going to make some saves that I won't make and I'll make some that he won't make."

The text is awfully rough in translation and again the sentences are misleading. He said it was hard to leave the guys but had no bigger attachment to the management so it don't bother him any more than that - that he was traded.

Bruins dressed the toughness and changed their game plan, whether on purpose, or on instinct rallying against the burrows bite or Rome hit. You can forgive the Rome hit but the burrows bite should not have happened. That got the players and fans going. But the last is the past the coaches must talk to the players and hope they understand what wasn't acceptable and everyone has moved on.

This post is just going to add more fuel to the fire for the "FIRE MG" threads.

I doubt the management has everything to do with being a destination for UFAs. Although, Samuelsson said how Detroit's Management isn't robotic and isn't all about business, which leads to believe that he means Vancouver's Management is. MG is pretty robotic with his interview answers, so I could see what he means. Plus whenever they do arbitration's, the articles always point out how its very professional, and all about business. Some players probably don't like that.

Also need to point out that the weather in Vancouver during the hockey season is crap... all rainy and grey. Most hockey players probably don't mind the snow and cold in other cities. Then there are some cities that are nice and warm. Id say snow and cold is a preference for hockey players, rather than rain and grey. Then I'm pretty sure they would rather be in the nice warm weather than the rain and grey. Plus, our fans are known for treating our players like trash recently.

The upsides this city has over others are that it is in Canada, home games have been selling out in the last few years, and we are in cup contention right now.

I was going to add that it is a nice city... although that is kind of pointless, as all the players in the NHL most likely live in the nicer parts of which ever city they are playing for.... so no matter where they play, its going to be nice where they live.

I agree its a misleading OP title, and his attitude stinks on top of it. He should at least have his warning status increased.

The biting by Alex was overblown. It was Bergeron that was the coward. Burrows was being held back by Refs and players and Bergeron saw an opportunity to shove his stinky mitt into Burrows mouth with no consequences. He didn't just quickly poke him with it either, he grinded it as deep as he could for as long as he could. Alex just used the only weapon he had left to use. Even Don Cherry stuck up for Burrows saying he even bit players himself.

And as has been pointed out we WON that game and the next. Mikael was just speaking off the top of his head and picked an example of the Bruins "waking up".

No, the real question mark in that interview is his apparent disdain for Canuck Management. It could be just a disgruntled player that didn't see his trade coming, but Gillis was supposed to be the Transformer of our team and take it to the Detroit level of which Mikael talks about. A team that players like Mikael WANT to return to.

"I got on very well in Florida, but it was hard to leave Sedins, Alexander Edler and the other guys up in Vancouver.

The management of the club however, I had no high opinion of, so that way it become me." MS

So much for the myth of Gillis and his free agent luring success rate,with what Samuelsson says.

Players talk and it's a small club.

Integrity is dedication and truth. The guy sends arrows into the crowd to commemorate Luc after each goal he scores, and high fives each teamate after every win. How much more do you expect? He's playing opponents that wear razor sharp blades on their feet carrying giant sticks some of whom would not feel guilty about killing. And your worried about biting and pulling hair?

It's Burrows that got us out of the first round and it's Burrows who won us game 2 in the finals so whoever thinks its his fault that we lost the finals because of the biting incident needs to give their head a shake.

Forgot to state that burrows scored a game 7 ot goal in the first round to give the Canucks the opportunity to play in the finals, none the less burrows was playing passionate hockey and win or loss if you play with ur heart no one should point a finger

Archived