The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Ellis wants back up job with Canucks.

vancanfan

If we are looking at back-up alternatives through FA, Ellis is the best alternative IMO. His situation reminds me a little bit of Raycrofts situation when he came here. I think he could be a decent back-up here, just like Raycroft was.

I don't want us to have to rely on guys like Theodore, Ellis and Huet if Schneider plays badly and doesn't cope well with 60-70 games which is a VERY likely outcome.

Keep Luongo or this team is going to go through some dark times with 2 struggling goalies. We've got something good here, don't tamper with it MG. Better to have 2 great goalies working a tandem perfectly at 9 million than a "starting goalie" struggling with a heavy workload and a backup who has moved around the league because he's so terrible for 6 million.

I don't want us to have to rely on guys like Theodore, Ellis and Huet if Schneider plays badly and doesn't cope well with 60-70 games which is a VERY likely outcome.

Keep Luongo or this team is going to go through some dark times with 2 struggling goalies. We've got something good here, don't tamper with it MG. Better to have 2 great goalies working a tandem perfectly at 9 million than a "starting goalie" struggling with a heavy workload and a backup who has moved around the league because he's so terrible for 6 million.

Archived