The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] How High Was Nash's Value For NYR?

why does everybody think that these moves have to get done by the middle of july? if howson has lasted this long, he won't get fired for refusing to throw away nash for whatever offers he's getting two months before training camp starts.

All of these poster proposing involving McDonagh+ in a trade for Nash should really watch McDonagh play. I watched about 30 Rangers games this year, a fair sized amount, and I've talked to many Rangers fans and trust me, McDonagh is the real deal. I'm not claiming to know everything about him, but based on what I've seen and heard, this kid is already considered their best d man with a blue line that consists of guys like Girardi and Staal (and Del Zotto). McDonagh is really solid at both ends of the rink. I remember wanting the Canucks to get him for Tanev+Raymond+1st a year ago before the amazing year he just had. O well =(.

If I'm the Rangers, and CBJ want a young d man, I'm giving them Del Zotto or even Staal before Mcdonagh.

Finally, my revised proposal would be:

To CBJ: Del Zotto, Dubinsky, Erixson, 1st

To NYR: Nash

OR

To CBJ: Staal, Dubinsky, 2nd

To NYR: Nash

Howson clearly wants a star player to replace Nash. Without a big name player to put people in the seats, Columbus is going to struggle even more than it has.

I think a team like Anaheim offering up Bobby Ryan and some picks and prospects would be way more enticing for him.

Archived