The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Solution to our offensive woes. What is it?

L'Orange

What is the solution to our offensive woes?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You guys can flame me all you want but I don't think scoring is really a huge issue right now. I believe we were tied with Chicago for most goals in the season in the West and that's with Kesler and Henrik not producing much. For the most part, other guys stepped up when they needed to like Higgins. I think Gillis should focus more (not saying he should forget offense) on defense and he's done a good job so far getting Garrison. However, I do believe a big forward like Doan would really help us out right now.

You guys can flame me all you want but I don't think scoring is really a huge issue right now. I believe we were tied with Chicago for most goals in the season in the West and that's with Kesler and Henrik not producing much. For the most part, other guys stepped up when they needed to like Higgins. I think Gillis should focus more (not saying he should forget offense) on defense and he's done a good job so far getting Garrison. However, I do believe a big forward like Doan would really help us out right now.

Offensive woes? We've finished 2nd, 1st and 5th in scoring the last 3 years. We've scored more goals than any other team in that span. Yet somehow we have "offensive woes" because we got shutdown by the Conn Smyth winner in 1 5-game series?

Clearly the Canucks are not good enough for the fans (or is it the other way around?). The very notion of us having offensive woes shows the ignorance of a large portion of Canucks fans. One poster suggested that it was AV's fault because he is too one dimensional...have you ever coached, or played the game? You're kidding right? We don't win every game we play. So on the nights we don't win we clearly are having offensive woes, is that what's being promoted here? If recent memory serves me correctly, the last 2 times we went to the SCF we lost in game 7...therefore we had offensive woes in just one game. Had we one just one more, not even game 7, just one more in each of those series we'd have 2 Stanleys right now (and maybe no one would question our team's goal scoring abilities). So since back to back PC's are not good enough, 5 straight division titles isn't good enough, and being the highest scoring team (as well as one of the stingiest defensively) over the last 3 years isn't good enough...I have a suggestion:

1/ Go to ALL the hockey experts in North America...strike that...in the world.

2/ Determine, from their expert answers, who our playoff 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Final round opponents will be this coming season.

3/ Determine their exact line combos, who will be injured and called up, and who will be in net for each of those series.

4/ Trade, draft and sign F/A's that will match what will beat those other teams.

5/ If this tactic fails, then wait until after the SCF, see who wins, then trade our entire team for their team so we can win next year.

CAUSE CLEARLY THAT IS WHAT SOME OF YOU THINK IS THE ANSWER.

It's been said a million times before...if you don't love or even like this team, then go cheer for someone else.

To get the players to shoot at the small openings that a goalie leaves, not his chest... how else can they score? lol... drive the net hard in waves. Get the opposition running about, looking for a target. Keep shooting at the net. Something has to work at some point.

Clearly the Canucks are not good enough for the fans (or is it the other way around?). The very notion of us having offensive woes shows the ignorance of a large portion of Canucks fans. One poster suggested that it was AV's fault because he is too one dimensional...have you ever coached, or played the game? You're kidding right? We don't win every game we play. So on the nights we don't win we clearly are having offensive woes, is that what's being promoted here? If recent memory serves me correctly, the last 2 times we went to the SCF we lost in game 7...therefore we had offensive woes in just one game. Had we one just one more, not even game 7, just one more in each of those series we'd have 2 Stanleys right now (and maybe no one would question our team's goal scoring abilities). So since back to back PC's are not good enough, 5 straight division titles isn't good enough, and being the highest scoring team (as well as one of the stingiest defensively) over the last 3 years isn't good enough...I have a suggestion:

2/ Determine, from their expert answers, who our playoff 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Final round opponents will be this coming season.

3/ Determine their exact line combos, who will be injured and called up, and who will be in net for each of those series.

4/ Trade, draft and sign F/A's that will match what will beat those other teams.

5/ If this tactic fails, then wait until after the SCF, see who wins, then trade our entire team for their team so we can win next year.

It's been said a million times before...if you don't love or even like this team, then go cheer for someone else.

I could care less about our tremendous regular season offensive statistics, the playoffs is a different animal. For our top line, Shane Doan would be a great solution for the Sedin's linemate in the playoffs. He puts up solid offensive numbers, is responsible defensively, and hits a ton.

For the 2nd line we need someone who thinks pass-first, displays good offensive instincts, and creates scoring chances off of the rush. It's a part of our game that needs to improve tremendously. Our attack is too one-dimensional. We need to switch up.

Archived