The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim and Jewish groups denounce German circumcision ruling

That's pure bull Heretic! Almost all of the guy's who died of AIDS were cut. If you think getting an STD will be tougher without a foreskin, you are simply wrong! My foreskin and my brain protect me 24'7! So just shut up with your child abuse and slander promotion!

If slavery was abuse, why was it once legal?

If i'm against apples, can't I be for oranges??

If the majority of the industrialized countries in the world, not to mention Asia, Central and South America, are refraining from the procedure, why are the remaining handful??

Oh - can I play?

Do you still have all your hair - or did you cut it!

Maybe, one day, man will evolve to not have a foreskin?

PS: welcome back - it's nice to debate with someone of your intelligence again (and I mean that in a good way).

I didn't say I agreed with everything posted - but there are many sites (including medical ones) that have some of the same info.

I agree with you about STD - disagree with you saying I'm promoting child abuse and slander.

Now would be a good time to rally for a "I-was-circumsised-when-I-was-a-baby-against-my-own-will" support group.

Today, millions of Muslim and Jewish males wake up everyday to the pain that they had their foreskins taken away from them when they were babies.

]Reality check: The body is a historical repository and remembers everything. The pain of circumcision causes a rewiring of the baby's brain so that he is more sensitive to pain later (Taddio 1997, Anand 2000). Circumcision also can cause post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anger, low self-esteem and problems with intimacy (Boyle 2002, Hammond 1999, Goldman 1999). Even with a lack of explicit memory and the inability to protest - does that make it right to inflict pain? Law requires anesthesia for animal experimentation - do babies deserve any less?

Most men avoid this topic as it happened to them as children and don't want to talk about it!

I am so grateful that my father was from Scandinavia, and would never consider something so evil to me his son.I love you for that Dad, as in school showers I noticed I was clearly in the minority.

Apparently Doctors now refuse to perform it where I'm from. Thank God.

Most men avoid this topic as it happened to them as children and don't want to talk about it!

I am so grateful that my father was from Scandinavia, and would never consider something so evil to me his son.I love you for that Dad, as in school showers I noticed I was clearly in the minority.

Apparently Doctors now refuse to perform it where I'm from. Thank God.

Archived