The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim and Jewish groups denounce German circumcision ruling

Au contraire, It's almost a religious obligation for Muslim men to please their wife in the bedroom.

"Three things are counted inadequacies in a man. Firstly, meeting someone he would like to get to know, and taking leave of him before learning his full name. Secondly, rebuffing the generosity that another shows to him. And thirdly, going to his wife and having intercourse with her before talking to her and gaining her intimacy, and satisfying his need from her before she has satisfied her need from him." (Daylami)

And Ibn Qudamah and Al Ghazzali (rahimahumullah) are of the opinion that it is mustahabb(recommended) for a man, if he climaxed before his wife, to continue to stimulate his wife until she also climaxes, out of love for her. And this is possible by continued coitus since the man does not lose his erection immediately after orgasm for some minutes. And if this is not enough he may stimulate her by hand or mouth."

Oh I get it - you hate religion almost as much as Scorp.

No - what was done to those woman is NOT ok.

But to label me in the same boat as those men or those that hold u God Hates _______ signs is wrong.

A lot of non religious men have done harm - does that invalidate the good that other nonreligious men have done?

If we thought that way then we might as well end it now and blow up the world...

Oh - just to set the record straight - I never said I was pro circumcision nor against it.

I said 30 years ago (while I was an atheist) I made the difficult decision at that time that if I had a son, I would have him circumcised.

So what am I today?

Well - if you paid attention instead of lumping me in some generalized or stereotypical group you would have realized that I am pro choice - that as long as it's not illegal, then it's the parents choice to do this or not - just like abortion.

Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. Very good, here is a star. The fact it's causing unnecessary trauma to the genital region in both cases does not a similarity make, I guess.

Fine. You know what, you win. Arbitrarily cutting off the foreskin is okay because it's a useless piece of skin. Now can you give me a reason why a parent shouldn't be able to cut off their child's earlobes? You know, if it's for god? Or in some cases, because the parent has theirs cut off.

It was long before scorpio was a gleam in his father eye that i took up the good fight . and the salesian priest's who taught me actually brought in a jesuit priest to counter my arguments and when that did not work they went back to beating me in front of my class .

Speaking of emotion instead of logic, let's just look at your example here.

If someone was running around the country with no earlobes, it's a safe bet that they would get all sorts of unwanted attention and dirty looks and could be potentially emotionally scarred by this. They certainly would not be one of the crowd.

Meanwhile, millions of men exist in the country, and contrary to what this thread might have you believe, there are not legions of mean traumatized by it (apart from some right here that got a healthy dose of religion with it but I would suspect in that case the trauma was the religion and not the surgery). Of all the things that can influence who one is I would put whether or not someone has a snip job done pretty far down the list as say compared to culture, family wealth, social relations growing up, etc etc etc.

But by all means go ahead and consider it logical to obsess over religion and your penises... :rolleyes:

And you say your faculties are in order. :picard:

So what you're saying is that if it was culturally accepted and common, you'd have no problem with cutting childrens' earlobes off? No, perhaps most men aren't traumatized by it and don't care, but not only is that a tiny part of a larger argument that you're pretending doesn't exist, it amounts to completely disregarding the ones who are.

Do you think Mormons waterboarding their kids is okay because it's a cultural practice?

No you're right, I'm totally only talking about religion.

Is this a serious question. The clitoris contains about 8000 nerve endings, which is the majority in the female genitalia. Removal of the clitoris significantly decreases sex drive and satisfaction. The clitoris is in no way analogous to the foreskin. A closer comparison would be the entire head of the penis.

Meanwhile, circumcision has not been found to decrease desire or satisfaction from sex in men. The main effect is increased time to ejaculatoin. This can be actually seen as a benefit. In fact, there's a huge industry designed to increase erection time and sexual stamina.

Wikipedia, has put together the result for men:

http://en.wikipedia....of_circumcision

You'll notice that there is no trend. Some studies report slightly better results after circumcision and others slightly worse. Mostly the tests that claim to make a finding either way have small sample sizes.

Archived