The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rolling Stones celebrate 50th

Heretic

Rolling Stones are strangely under-appreciated these days. I think it's because they're still alive and tour semi-regularly, so all the mysticism is removed.

It's ridiculous to think of this band's output in the 60's. In succession:

Beggars Banquet

Let it Bleed

Sticky Fingers

Exile on Main St.

Later, they released Some Girls, too.

These albums, imo, are just as good as anything done by The Beatles, Zeppelin, etc. and Richards deserves more recognition as a song writer, lyricist, and guitarist. Even though he's regularly regarded as "one of the best," I sometimes feel that's not good enough.

Since Squirrel already pegged my two favourites, here are two more:

(seriously, what a remarkable way to kick off an album)

Rolling Stones are strangely under-appreciated these days. I think it's because they're still alive and tour semi-regularly, so all the mysticism is removed.

Beggars Banquet

Let it Bleed

Sticky Fingers

Exile on Main St.

These albums, imo, are just as good as anything done by The Beatles, Zeppelin, etc. and Richards deserves more recognition as a song writer, lyricist, and guitarist. Even though he's regularly regarded as "one of the best," I sometimes feel that's not good enough.

Beggars Banquet

Let it Bleed

Sticky Fingers

Exile on Main St.

I'm Shattered!

"British boys who played their first gig at Oxford Street's Marquee Club in 1962, became the scourge of the establishment in the 1960s, the titans of '70s music and finally the elder statesmen of rock 'n' roll in the 21st century."

Why would they get that title when they were probably the most apolitical of the lot? They never sang any protest songs, spoke critically of the war nor anything of that sort. A few racy stage moves must pale in comparison.

Archived